cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye Wells Fargo

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Bye bye Wells Fargo

Just closed my Wells Fargo checking account. The CSR hanged up on me, which was quite surprising. I still have student loan with them which I will pay off this year or early next year. Feels good to move on especially when I was broke student they charged me $8 per month fee. Now I am making BECU and PenFed my primary checking accounts. BECU has no minimums and PenFed just wants you to keep $500.

Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Bye bye Wells Fargo

@Green456 wrote:
Just closed my Wells Fargo checking account. The CSR hanged up on me, which was quite surprising. I still have student loan with them which I will pay off this year or early next year. Feels good to move on especially when I was broke student they charged me $8 per month fee. Now I am making BECU and PenFed my primary checking accounts. BECU has no minimums and PenFed just wants you to keep $500.

Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?

I'm guessing she's going to get a whack on the hand via ruler by The WF Man for not being able to talk you into staying. This is a hoot Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 2 of 18
Moderator Emeritus

@Green456 in answer to your question, "Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?"

Why would you want to?!
Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
Frequent Contributor

@Dinosaur wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Churn them like they churned me. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Message 4 of 18
Moderator Emeritus

@Green456 wrote:

@Dinosaur wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Got'ta love it ...  Smiley Happy Hit them a second time for me ... could not get away fast enough.

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 18
Senior Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

You have to read the T&C carefully before applying because they have different promos,  but with WF it's typically 12 months after they last paid you a checking account bonus. 

(8/2019)
FICO 8 (EX) 793 (TU) 808 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 822 (TU) 827 (EQ) 844

$800K+ club
Message 6 of 18
Senior Contributor

@Dinosaur wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Dinosaur wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Got'ta love it ...  Smiley Happy Hit them a second time for me ... could not get away fast enough.

I banked with them for 10 years, 1999-2009 and wonder now how I put up with them so long. I'm on my 2nd bonus churn, I'll be gone in July when the current bonus hits, I'll probably be back in 12 months . . . . Vengeance is mine, sayeth Dave in AZ  . . .

Fico 08: 734/716/734 TU/EX/EQ
Message 7 of 18
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I banked with them for 10 years, 1999-2009 and wonder now how I put up with them so long. I'm on my 2nd bonus churn, I'll be gone in July when the current bonus hits, I'll probably be back in 12 months . . . . Vengeance is mine, sayeth Dave in AZ  . . .

I never churned WF, but I did burn them... for $800. I banked with them from 1996 to 2007. I used to feel guilty about it, but after reading all the horrible things they did to consumers, I don't think twice about it. 

Current

Goal Cards

Message 8 of 18

I wish I could break away but having a bank that is a giant octopus everywhere in usa and has broker in same company...... the complacency is strong in this one.  I haven't ever banked with Chase but many people I know who have both say they are the only big bank thats worse than wf.

Message 9 of 18
Super Contributor

@FIRE-AND-ICE wrote:

I wish I could break away but having a bank that is a giant octopus everywhere in usa and has broker in same company...... the complacency is strong in this one.  I haven't ever banked with Chase but many people I know who have both say they are the only big bank thats worse than wf.

Lol. I've banked with both and Wells Fargo wins worst bank by a landslide. Not even close. My Wells Fargo lasted about 9 months. I'm at 11 years with Chase and still using them. Best big bank I've ever used. I'm tempted to move everything back from my credit union, but I like getting paid early.

***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.