Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-OP Shared CU

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

CO-OP Shared CU

I am a member of

1. NAVY FED (even tho its locked out)  (CLOC and Flagship, Checking)  (CO-OP???)  (wanted for business checking... will wait)
  2. PEN FED (NO CO-OP?)  (Limited CHecking and savings)
  3. Elememnts Financial  (Checking and Savings
  4. Greenwood CU ($25 share) chekcing and savings
  5. NASA FCU ($10 share) savings
  6. DCU ($25 share) checking and savings   (thinking about business accounts)
  7. Alliant (pending) ??? cant seem to get this!
  8. UNFCU (penidng) ($50 share) (just send in the paperwork) (Checking and Savings)

CO-OP Shared CU

Can you really just go into any shared branch and access the other CU accounts easilly?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO-OP Shared CU

@JTC403 wrote:

I am a member of

1. NAVY FED (even tho its locked out)  (CLOC and Flagship, Checking)  (CO-OP???)  (wanted for business checking... will wait)
  2. PEN FED (NO CO-OP?)  (Limited CHecking and savings)
  3. Elememnts Financial  (Checking and Savings
  4. Greenwood CU ($25 share) chekcing and savings
  5. NASA FCU ($10 share) savings
  6. DCU ($25 share) checking and savings   (thinking about business accounts)
  7. Alliant (pending) ??? cant seem to get this!
  8. UNFCU (penidng) ($50 share) (just send in the paperwork) (Checking and Savings)

CO-OP Shared CU

Can you really just go into any shared branch and access the other CU accounts easilly?

Yes you can.

Reminder, the approvals section is for credit card and CLI approvals

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowlege you can use there atm's for free in the co-op network. In my experience it can be annoying. Half of the time when you go in they have a hard time pulling up your credit union. There is no charge to make a deposit, however, there usually is a charge from your credit union to make a withdraw at a co-op shared branch. You would need to check with your individual credit union to see what the fee's are.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no problems and been charged no fees to use shared branching across my ridiculous 19 credit unions that are part of it. Also, the fine folks that work the phones at the shared branch call center are awesomely fantastic. I have used them numerous times to move some money from 1 to another. Warning: you can only move 5k every 24 hours. And it is 24 hours, not per actual day. I called once to move 7500, would only let me do 5k, called the next afternoon and had to wait 12 minutes Smiley LOL That seems a bit wonky but whatever.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had no problems and been charged no fees to use shared branching across my ridiculous 19 credit unions that are part of it. Also, the fine folks that work the phones at the shared branch call center are awesomely fantastic. I have used them numerous times to move some money from 1 to another. Warning: you can only move 5k every 24 hours. And it is 24 hours, not per actual day. I called once to move 7500, would only let me do 5k, called the next afternoon and had to wait 12 minutes Smiley LOL That seems a bit wonky but whatever.

Banking money laundering rules possibly from those dollar value, they were just looking out for you Smiley Happy.

I'm going to have to look into this at some point though I don't leverage my CU's much except for loan products when I need them.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.