Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

I received my grandfather's DD214 papers and I am hoping to get with NFCU, they seem to be honest people that help others. Here are my datapoints, do you think they'll let me in? 

Average Account Age
9 Months
Oldest Account

1 Year 2 Months

Open Credit Cards

Total Credit Available: $2,700

Income: $38,400

Capital One Secured $500 Limit - 20% utl (opened: june 2018)

Discover Chrome Secured $200 Limit - 0% utl (opened: january 2019)

PayPal CBMC Unsecured $2,000 Limit - 0% utl (opened july 2019)

1 year self lender loan $545 successfully paid off.

No negatives.

Credit and Retail Card Debt
$224

EQ: 5 INQ

EX: 4 INQ

TU: 2 INQ

748 FICO8 EX

743 FICO BANKCARD 2

690 FICO SCORE 3

772 FICO BANKCARD 8

I have 4 baddies on my Chexsystems, $280 overdraft charge off, $600 overdraft charge off, $2,830 overdraft charge off, $6,330 overdraft charge off. 

I want to open the following listed based on priority, do I stand a chance? Am I wasting hard pulls? 

(1) More Rewards American Express® Credit Card
(2) cashRewards Credit Card

(3) e-Checking
(4) Checking Line of Credit (CLOC)

(5) Basic Savings

I have Autism and I am an adult trying to function in this world like everybody else, please try using real world examples when explaining data and information. Thank you for your courtesy..

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my grandfather's DD214 papers and I am hoping to get with NFCU, they seem to be honest people that help others. Here are my datapoints, do you think they'll let me in? 

Average Account Age
9 Months
Oldest Account

1 Year 2 Months

Open Credit Cards

No negatives.

$224

748 FICO8 EX

743 FICO BANKCARD 2

690 FICO SCORE 3

772 FICO BANKCARD 8

I have 4 baddies on my Chexsystems, $280 overdraft charge off, $600 overdraft charge off, $2,830 overdraft charge off, $6,330 overdraft charge off. 

I want to open the following listed based on priority, do I stand a chance? Am I wasting hard pulls? 

(3) e-Checking

(5) Basic Savings

I have Autism and I am an adult trying to function in this world like everybody else, please try using real world examples when explaining data and information. Thank you for your courtesy..

I know the actual credit pull is sp. But  I am not so sure about Checksystems.   Depending onthe bank,  those overdrafts  can be fatal.  I would be trying trying to get those corrected.   

Message 2 of 37
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes with NFCU you have to atleast open a savings account first and then you can apply for a credit card, but I agree with other poster, I am not sure about those overdrafts on chexs, it could be a major problem when opening a bank accountSmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Average Account Age
9 Months
Oldest Account

1 Year 2 Months

Open Credit Cards

No negatives.

$224

748 FICO8 EX

743 FICO BANKCARD 2

690 FICO SCORE 3

772 FICO BANKCARD 8

(3) e-Checking

(5) Basic Savings

I know the actual credit pull is sp. But  I am not so sure about Checksystems.   Depending onthe bank,  those overdrafts  can be fatal.  I would be trying trying to get those corrected.   

Signing up for the e-checking/savings is a sp? I read on here that they use EWS and thankfully that report is clear. With the Chexsystems, that's just too much money that I can't afford to pay off, considering they're going to fall off anyways in 2 years. I did not make the best financial decisions when I became of age. Now, after graduating college I want to do it correctly.

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes with NFCU you have to atleast open a savings account first and then you can apply for a credit card, but I agree with other poster, I am not sure about those overdrafts on chexs, it could be a major problem when opening a bank accountSmiley Sad

Thanks, I spoke with an NFCU chat rep earlier today and she said that opening a membership ($5 savings account) would trigger a hard pull, however I cannot find datapoints to verify this. 

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Thanks, I spoke with an NFCU chat rep earlier today and she said that opening a membership ($5 savings account) would trigger a hard pull, however I cannot find datapoints to verify this. 

DW and I opened our navy accounts with sp.   Be very careful with trying to outwait  Checksystems.  I am aware of one local bank here that about 3 to 6 months left before it fell off made life miserable and went in judgement collections.  I was glass it was not  me. 

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP for membership for me also.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

They already sued me and won a judgment, so as far as i'm concerned that's just a permanent "oh well" because it'll never come off the public court records database.
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply online or over the phone?
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you apply online or over the phone?

I called to apply for membership.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.