Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

NFCU does a SP for membership, they have done so since early last year.

They also do use EWS, not Chex.

Your file is thick enough to get a credit card with them and you should not have much trouble as long as these baddies don’t show up elsewhere.
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
NFCU does a SP for membership, they have done so since early last year.

They also do use EWS, not Chex.

Your file is thick enough to get a credit card with them and you should not have much trouble as long as these baddies don’t show up elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply. Would you consider my file out of the 'rebuilding' stage? As in- no longer look towards getting secured cards; anywhere? I'm undecided/unsure which cards are the next step for me, in terms of getting approved. Their Amex card would benefit me entirely, with it's reward system. Regardless, I have to sit here anxiously waiting to see if my Discover card graduates this month. Would be lovely to apply having two unsecured cards at $2k limits. 

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are more than enough for NFCU. They aren’t as score oriented to begin with and actually would probably really like your profile since it seems suggestive that you will probably spend a lot with them. 

Your scores are way out of the realm of secured cards but your age of accounts isn’t super long which will come into play with some lenders (Chase for example). 

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are more than enough for NFCU. They aren’t as score oriented to begin with and actually would probably really like your profile since it seems suggestive that you will probably spend a lot with them. 

Your scores are way out of the realm of secured cards but your age of accounts isn’t super long which will come into play with some lenders (Chase for example). 

thanks buddy.

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 3-5 Day Notice

I opened a membership (soft pull) with NFCU on the phone just a few minutes ago and I was told after providing my initial $5.00 deposit that their review team needed 3-5 days to "review" "stuff". The representative didn't have an answer of what could be wrong. 

Did I do something? Is it because I have fraud alerts on my credit reports? 

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 3-5 Day Notice

I believe this is fairly standard.  Everything should be fine.  I'll step out on a limb and give you a pre-celebratory welcome to NFCU!

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe this is fairly standard.  Everything should be fine.  I'll step out on a limb and give you a pre-celebratory welcome to NFCU!

Just got an email:

While reviewing your application, we were unable to verify one or more of the required pieces of information. To verify your information, please provide one government-issued photo ID and a second document demonstrating proof of the physical address submitted on your membership application.

Uploaded the documentation, hopefully it doesn't take long <3. Thanks for the pre-welcome party (:

Message 17 of 37
cjc6464
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me when I applied for membership. I have a branch nearby so I just went in. Welcome to the NFCU Family! I love them 

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened to me just a couple of weeks back when I joined. Uploaded DL and paystub and after it was processed (about 4 wokring days) I received the 'Welcome to NFCU' e-mail.

Pretty standard stuff.

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone for your feedback, i'm just so anxious. august is going to hopefully be an amazing month. 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.