Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I join the NFCU family? DP's listed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership... APPROVED!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean those scores are still plenty for NFCU as long as your DTI is still low. I understand though, no pressure either way. Smiley Happy

Probably not the thread for it so you can PM if you want, but you're best at explaining things to me lol- but what exactly does DTI mean? My income is $38,400 with $2,700 in revolving lines (Tally isn't listed on my credit report, so i'm not sure it counts?). If I don't pay in full, I only carry around $150-$235. In the last year, i've spent $2,112 of my annual income on credit card bills, $1,136 on healthcare, $4,873 on groceries, $4,507 on regular bills, $937 on gas and about $600 misc transactions. So about $14,165/36% of my income.

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI is your debt obligation (current credit card minimum payments + installment loan amounts) plus housing costs divided by monthly gross income. 

From your numbers, it looks like your DTI is more than fine. 

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DTI is your debt obligation (current credit card minimum payments + installment loan amounts) plus housing costs divided by monthly gross income. 

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. Going off that, my Capital One isn't more than $25-$35/mo minimum payment and the Discover always the lowest minimum as it's rarely used. Happy that NFCU pulls TU as that's where I have 29 months of $1,000 rent payments posted. 

Message 33 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on Your NFCU Membership!

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. Going off that, my Capital One isn't more than $25-$35/mo minimum payment and the Discover always the lowest minimum as it's rarely used. Happy that NFCU pulls TU as that's where I have 29 months of $1,000 rent payments posted. 

Rent has to be added when calculating DTI so your base calculation would be 25+35+1000/3200 = 33.13% DTI

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 513!
Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats 513!

Thanks buddy! Discover just might unsecure me and possibly up my limit, I was able to get my Cap1 and PPMC under 15% utl for this month. If all goes well this month, I can apply for credit next month! 

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.