Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Decide.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Decide.

@joltdude wrote:

I get this bad feeling that your wife isnt really involved in this idea/decision and your doing it without really involving her ... I saw something like this in my own extended family and it ended up with someone in jail for identity fraud... Its one thing to play in 2-player mode.. this can work but you have to work WITH your wife and not just oh i want to do this.. you need to come clean on your finances to HER... You still havent resolved your grandmothers situation that you ruined her credit... now you want to go and ruin your wife's credit too?

Untill you get your ducks in a row and come up with a budget and plan.... NO NO NO... Dont drag your spouse to the gutter with you..

-J

I promise i would never ever do that. However, desperate times calls for desperate actions & while I was the one involved in bringing her credit to 800 score, i will be the first to acknowledge that paying $162 in interest only month to month on a cap1 venture card isn't exactly what i prefer paying & by B/t ing that venture card i can save a lot of $$$$ & i will have done just one card that i can make affordable payments on & still maintain a good credit rating on DW.

I definitely need to raise my Income & its something i sure am working too hard at but having not so much success & hence the reason i m paying so much in interest on credit cards.

BTW; DW is fully aware of all my actions on financial matters & we do make decisions together. I wouldn't ever jeopardize a good life I so far have with her for a financial calamity in the future.

Message 11 of 13
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i will be the first to acknowledge that paying $162 in interest only month to month on a cap1 venture card isn't exactly what i prefer paying & by B/t ing that venture card i can save a lot of $$$$ & i will have done just one card that i can make affordable payments on & still maintain a good credit rating on DW.

What you prefer to pay doesn't matter when it comes to debt. You simply BTing a balance from a higher APR to a 0% offer and then paying less does not get you out of debt sooner, in fact, it will only mask your problem. You will be left with a larger sum of disposible income and continue to overspend of misuse your finances. I went through this years ago by myself and it sucked but I really had to learn that simply moving debt around for a smaller payment didn't help me pay off debt sooner. You need to truly get your perspective in balance and find a way out. It is hard, like I said, I've been there. But do not ruin your DW's credit, life can happen and you'll have no way out. 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

its true that i m simply moving some money from one card to another however i am exactly experiencing what you described in the post here.

@Five6Two wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i will be the first to acknowledge that paying $162 in interest only month to month on a cap1 venture card isn't exactly what i prefer paying & by B/t ing that venture card i can save a lot of $$$$ & i will have done just one card that i can make affordable payments on & still maintain a good credit rating on DW.

What you prefer to pay doesn't matter when it comes to debt. You simply BTing a balance from a higher APR to a 0% offer and then paying less does not get you out of debt sooner, in fact, it will only mask your problem. You will be left with a larger sum of disposible income and continue to overspend of misuse your finances. I went through this years ago by myself and it sucked but I really had to learn that simply moving debt around for a smaller payment didn't help me pay off debt sooner. You need to truly get your perspective in balance and find a way out. It is hard, like I said, I've been there. But do not ruin your DW's credit, life can happen and you'll have no way out. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.