cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 360 Checking account app declined?

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Capital One 360 Checking account app declined?

I recently applied online for a Capital One 360 Checking account (mainly to add my boyfriend as a joint account holder because we enjoy a lot of weekend outings/dinners/etc... and want an account that we can both add money to so we can pay for the things we like to do with one card) I was very surprised to receive a denial email almost immediately after I applied. Here's the email I received: We received your 360 Checking® Account application. Unfortunately, we can’t approve it right now. We made this decision based on a number of factors, including information from ChexSystems®, a consumer reporting agency. Their report is similar to a credit report but is based on your checking activity, rather than your history with loans like credit cards and mortgages. While ChexSystems was not involved in our decision, we recommend getting in touch with them in the next 60 days – call 800-428-9623 or visit www.consumerdebit.com – for a free copy of your banking history. If there’s a mistake, you can dispute it with them. We know this isn’t the news you were hoping for. If you want to re-apply later, we’ll take a look at any improvements to your banking activity. Questions? Email us at ApplicationQuestions@capitalone360.com. Thanks. However, about a week and a half prior to applying, I ordered my yearly ChexSystems report and cannot for the life of me figure out why I was declined? I only have one inquiry on my ChexSytems report for LMCU back from December 2014. Is there anyone other than the regular customer service number I can call to see if there was some type of error? I did call the regular 360 checking number but the customer service agent had no idea where to go with any of this and just kept telling me to order my ChexSystems report which I got tired of explaining to her that I already had in my hands. Thanks for any help!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One 360 Checking account app declined?

I understand your frustration.  When I applied for Dearborn Federal, they told me it was something on my chex report and denied my account immediately.  I went home and requested a copy of it and there is nothing on there.  I was and still confused, although I don't have to beg for a checking account.  I am a member of an excellent CU now and I love the relationship I have with them.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Dont get upset about capitalone 360. seriously it was probably like pick a reason and deny type of thing maybe crossed with someone elses information.  which is why you see nothing on your report, because there is nothing.  

tried to login today and it says my password that logged in to the account yesterday is not recognized.  I figure forget it i am closing so I will just call.  

I opened an account there like 7 days ago, and found out you can only have 1 checking account ( i need 4 so obviously this wont work), went to close and they say it has to open and the holds have to be released in order to close it out.  

they place a 7-10 hold on your cash they take out of your donor account, they wont take money orders, they don't let you link say any brokerage checking/money market accounts, the website was down like 3 out of 7 days now, customer service cant get in to change anything, they cant close out my account until the hold on the 5$ cash is removed, it will be over ten days by the time they estimate the 5$ will be available.  long since posted to my checking account though.. oh my god thats just for starting can you imagine banking? forget it move on, try another bank and just chalk this up to inefficiency.  

IN fact long list on reviews on credit karma and on consumer affairs reports will give you some insight to the absolute hellish nightmare this account is for its daily account holders. 

I dont NEED another account right now i just would like a back up.  So I am scrapping altogether.  

Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Sorry you had the problem with Cap One 360, OP. I've never had a banking problem but decided to order a free annual copy of my report from ChexSystems just to see what they have on me. I have been opening more new banking accounts than what's usual for me - been with a small community bank for 8 years, but I opened a savings account with a CU late last year to get a car loan, and a checking account with Chase in March to get the $300 new account bonus.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats weird 

i never had a problem with checkings accounts

usually banks are hungry to take my money and the salespeople always try to force 

new accounts on me or change my existing accounts

i wouldnt look too into it unless you are having trouble getting bank accounts elsewhere as well

then i would try to do something about it

Message 5 of 6
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I actually ended up going with Citizens Bank. Real easy and fast set up and no chexsystems or credit report hp. They only sp Equifax for address verification. 

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.