Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Investing Flaws

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Capital One Investing Flaws

I recently deleted an IRA account after realizing how ridiculous the fees are to invest. I realized even though I deleted the account it still shows up on my 360 mobile app and desktop. The rep told me it will remain on my account for 2 years. two years! Are they nuts. Now I have to see this crap for 2 years every time I log in? I'm in the process of converting my direct deposit and other savings to pendfed because that's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. If you are anal like me don't close any accounts with Capital One. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Investing Flaws

@NC84 wrote:

I recently deleted an IRA account after realizing how ridiculous the fees are to invest. I realized even though I deleted the account it still shows up on my 360 mobile app and desktop. The rep told me it will remain on my account for 2 years. two years! Are they nuts. Now I have to see this crap for 2 years every time I log in? I'm in the process of converting my direct deposit and other savings to pendfed because that's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. If you are anal like me don't close any accounts with Capital One. 

If it makes you feel any better I still have old retirement accounts from a decade ago listed in my Fidelity interface.  3 of them that were former employer sponsored 401k plans with Fidelity... that have been closed out and dumped into a Rollover IRA during that time.

It isn't just C1 TBH, I got some handwaved regulatory excuse when I inquiried in passing about it.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Investing Flaws

Since you have to keep financial information for investments for 3 years, having access to an old investment account for 2 years is probably a good thing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.