Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One small deposit verification

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Capital One small deposit verification

Back in September, I connected my Capital One & Discover bank accounts and verified two small deposits. I did this for two separate accounts, and only just now realized that they never took back the deposits from either account. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if they'll correct this eventually, but it's already been over a month!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One small deposit verification

I have always had it pulled back, but I do believe there are posts from others stating that their's was never taken back and that was the end of their story.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 2 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

I have had it taken back if the instituion allows transfers out of the accounts that I connected with.
However, on my "deposit only" accounts (that don't allow external transfers out), the money stayed.
I've never had a problem with Cap1 about it.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Interesting. My experience has always been that they take the small deposits back, so it never occurred to me that they wouldn’t. I kept trying to figure out why my balances were off a smidge. Oh well.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.