cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 1099-MISC. Has anybody gotten one yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 1099-MISC. Has anybody gotten one yet?

I got a couple referral bonuses as well as a paperless bonus in 2019. The value is far less than $600, but I'd rather avoid filing an amended tax return later. Has anybody gotten one yet? (And if you have, are you able to see it on your account anywhere?) Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase 1099-MISC. Has anybody gotten one yet?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a couple referral bonuses as well as a paperless bonus in 2019. The value is far less than $600, but I'd rather avoid filing an amended tax return later. Has anybody gotten one yet? (And if you have, are you able to see it on your account anywhere?) Thanks!

I did get a 1099-MISC for the Sapphire Banking bonus, they credited it against my checking account.

$600 non-cash reward.  Plus 58 cents in interest Smiley Happy

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one in the mail about a week ago. But I haven’t filed my tax returns yet
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got one earlier this week for the $300 Total Checking bonus. It's also showing under "Statement & Documents" in my checking account online.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one last week as well, for my $200 checking bonus. Since it's under $600 I didn't bother including it.

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got one last week as well, for my $200 checking bonus. Since it's under $600 I didn't bother including it.

Presumably, as it's a 1099, it was also reported to the IRS?

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Presumably, as it's a 1099, it was also reported to the IRS?

+1.

The $600 is they don't have to generate the 1099, but if they do, the IRS has it.  You're actually supposed to pay taxes on it anyway but in practice if the IRS doesn't know about it they aren't going to go hunting for small dollar amounts like this.  It is admittedly illegal but it's so prevalent it's not like they don't know it's happening all the time probably by half or more of Americans.

The fact here though is they do know about it: it should be included.

I got a 1099 from Alliant for interest, all of 12.58. That went into Turbotax this morning... sadly and on point of this thread, I can't find my 1099 that I should've gotten from Chase for my brokerage account and that being ~$741 in dividends it should've showed up somewhere.  

        
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I went ahead and entered it into my Tax info last night, but they didn't seem to include it as I didn't notice the change to income entered.

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Grumble @ Chase.

Got a Secure Message back saying my YouInvest 1099 forms wouldn't even be mailed till middle of February.  Maybe it's some consolidated form use case but I should just be getting a 1099-DIV and that deadline is already missed.

The fact I'm configured for paperless anyway, blah.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.