Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Checking account opening offer completed FAST

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Chase Checking account opening offer completed FAST

Its been a couple years since I closed my Chase checking account, and figured it was time to open another one,  hey $200 in my pocket plus the ability to deposit checks via my phone. On November 19th I openned the account completely online, funded it with $50 using my credit union debit card. Waited a week, saw that everything was good, My new Mickey Mouse Debit card arrived in the mail, I went to my works payroll website, setup a direct deposit to the checking account of $275 per check, I get paid twice a month. On november 29th my first direct deposit to account posted. On December 4th,  I noticed the balance on the account was higher than it should. They already deposited the $200 in the account, they didn't even wait for the second direct deposit. I'm impressed. Last time I openned a bank account it took a couple hours in the branch, at least it felt that way. 

This was about 10 minutes at chase and done, and 5 minutes on the payroll website.  BAMM $200 for 15 minutes work.  Hey I like getting paid $800 per hour... just wish I could do it 40 hours a week ;-p 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Checking account opening offer completed FAST

Good Job but should've done the $300 bonus instead.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-600-checking-savings-bonus/

Message 2 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I tried, they said the coupon code was expired, had to go with only $200.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could have just open online but easy $200 is still very good.

Chase Checking or Savings or Both

Message 4 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

As I mentioned above this is what is returned when you try to get the $300 

The coupon code you entered is invalid.
Continue
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice James! Glad to see it worked out well for ya! Too bad the $300 coupon code didn't work.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.