Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Starbucks Debit Card

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Chase Starbucks Debit Card

Hey guys, so I got my Finn checking account closed due to not activity, however was wondering if I open up a Chase Starbucks Debit account with them, is that going to help with the relationship? I don't have no checking nor savings account with them due to the monthly fees and maintenance but with the Starbucks Debit card, there's no fees what so ever. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Starbucks Debit Card

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys, so I got my Finn checking account closed due to not activity, however was wondering if I open up a Chase Starbucks Debit account with them, is that going to help with the relationship? I don't have no checking nor savings account with them due to the monthly fees and maintenance but with the Starbucks Debit card, there's no fees what so ever. Thanks!

No, it wont. There is no "relationship" there. At best, you can compare it to a gift card. 

Message 2 of 7
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Okay, but the Finn checking account will be considered having a relationship with them? Should I open up the Finn checking account again?
Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Okay, but the Finn checking account will be considered having a relationship with them? Should I open up the Finn checking account again?

It would be, if they allow you to open another one. 

Are you trying to build a "relationship" because of their CC? 

Message 4 of 7
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

No, I have Chase cards that I want already but only one I do want and waiting on is the business ink Cash card. I heard I could either apply for the biz checking account. Only reason why I never have a checking account with them is I want a free checking account, or I go thru credit unions for that. I don't believe in charging for checking accounts.
Message 5 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
No, I have Chase cards that I want already but only one I do want and waiting on is the business ink Cash card. I heard I could either apply for the biz checking account. Only reason why I never have a checking account with them is I want a free checking account, or I go thru credit unions for that. I don't believe in charging for checking accounts.

So, it is about CC. 

Anyway, if you already have products with Chase, you dont really " need " checking account that will see minimal use. You tried that already.

Perhaps you should post in business credit part of the forum. Someone may be able to advise you on best way to apply for ink. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Total Checking can be free as long as you keep $1,500 in there, or have qualifying deposts. I was going to open one, but I keep getting an error about my address being a P.O. Box when it isn't. I've logged into my CC account and changed it twice, but still a no go. Haven't had a PO Box in years, so I have no clue what's going on. Once I get that issue fixed I'll try for their SUB again, in the meantime I opened an Amex HYSA. Unfortunately they don't offer SUBs on those. lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.