Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & Chexsystems - Help Please!

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Chexsystems - Help Please!

If you're currently without any bank account, I'd  try  to  open one at a small, regional bank near you. Years ago, I got into a $100 pissing match with B of A and wound up on Chex. I opened a checking account at a small bank in Laguna Beach. A few hours later, the manager of my branch called to say that they'd gotten a notice about me from Chex. He went on to say that his bank didn't like Chex and that they would keep the account open, but that I'd better not overdraw. Apparently, a lot of banks have had it with Chex's arrogance, which is probably why Chase started EWS. Chex used to be impenetrable; now there are numerous cracks in its armor. Btw, a Chex notation lasts 5 years and sometimes drops off sooner.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kshurika

a Chex notation lasts 5 years and sometimes drops off sooner.

It stays the full 5 years from its first reported date and has no early exclusions. I have until Jan 13, 2019 which makes up for 5 years and i cant wait to have it removed (but of course from chase).

Meanwhile, First Tech CU was kind enough to let me open a Restricted Savings account but no checking account and get a credit card, auto loan & PLOC from them. I m using them aggressively to wait until Jan 13, 2019 and i will have the freedom to open a checking account. First Tech looks up ChexSys & Experian for credit/loan products.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kshurika wrote:

If you're currently without any bank account, I'd  try  to  open one at a small, regional bank near you. Years ago, I got into a $100 pissing match with B of A and wound up on Chex. I opened a checking account at a small bank in Laguna Beach. A few hours later, the manager of my branch called to say that they'd gotten a notice about me from Chex. He went on to say that his bank didn't like Chex and that they would keep the account open, but that I'd better not overdraw. Apparently, a lot of banks have had it with Chex's arrogance, which is probably why Chase started EWS. Chex used to be impenetrable; now there are numerous cracks in its armor. Btw, a Chex notation lasts 5 years and sometimes drops off sooner.

EWS is worse than Chex. Both are ridiculous. 

The biggest banks banded together and formed EWS, which is why they all are able to use Zelle. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.