Did you mean: 

Chase is coming to Boston!

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase is coming to Boston!

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.29.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.29.29 PM.png

Well, this is certainly big news for those of us in New England as other than the area of Connecticut closest to NYC, there have been ZERO Chase branches in any of the New England states.  They've been sending me $600 offers for account openings, now I know why!  Looking forward to going in to see if I have any preapprovals for Marriott cards later on.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase is coming to Boston!

Congrats K, now all you need is a Credit One CafeSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats K, now all you need is a Credit One CafeSmiley Happy

AJC ... with all of K's financial needs, JP Morgan Chase felt compelled to quell a potential uprising and drifted to Boston Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Insane to think there were no Chase Banks in New England. Must not be a Pats fan,
though considering they want to win every year at all cost, im suprised Chase didnt feel kindered spiritSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in NH but this is awesome news. I’m in the Boston area about once a month or so.. I am also guessing that’s why for the first time ever, I was able to open a chase checking account online without it telling me I’m out of their footprint.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insane to think there were no Chase Banks in New England. Must not be a Pats fan,
though considering they want to win every year at all cost, im suprised Chase didnt feel kindered spiritSmiley Wink

Wow!  Right?  I always assumed them + WF had branches nationwide.

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

uh oh.... Thats Peyton Manning right thereSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Theres a Cap One Cafe in Lynnfield, MA BTW.... but I get where you were going with that AJC

Chase humors me with a card but im a LIE....... they really dont want my paultry banking business unless they can harvest fees...

-J

Message 8 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo also has a distinct lack of branches here.  Closest one is in Hartford, CT, which is about 90 miles southwest.  WF Advisors has an office in Two International Place, and there is a WF Private Bank in the Berkeley Building.  For those who will be making initial deposits of lower than $1,000,000 you'll have to go visit a private banker at one of these new Chase locations (where the minimum is only $250k), choose a different bank, or drive to Hartford.

FWIW Bank of America also had no presence here until they bought FleetBoston Financial 15 years ago, which was the merger of Fleet and BankBoston a few years earlier.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is making a mistake by adding branches.  They should put all their resources into online banking which is the future so 100% of banking can be done online without need to use branches at all.  It adds unnecessary expense and overhead.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.