Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase just killed me without any reasons in their letter

tag
TyrannicalDuncery3
Established Member

Re: Chase just killed me without any reasons in their letter

That sucks, sorry about that. Let us know if you see anything on any of your more obscure reports.

Did you have other financial accounts outside of Chase? Did those get shut down as well? You said Chase was your "primary" bank so I assume you had others?

Message 31 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

Gift Cards were probably the main reason for the shutdown. Did you purchase the gift cards with your credit cards?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 32 of 37
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Lol. This discussion seems to be still active. A title like "I just killed my Chase due to so many reasons" would be better Smiley Happy. The reasons can be found in the discussions above.

If you want to run a successful biz, without account closure with any bank, it is better to avoid such mistakes. 

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 33 of 37
Rogue46
Established Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Lol. This discussion seems to be still active. A title like "I just killed my Chase due to so many reasons" would be better Smiley Happy. The reasons can be found in the discussions above.

If you want to run a successful biz, without account closure with any bank, it is better to avoid such mistakes. 

Agreed this should be a cautionary tale of what not to do.

Message 34 of 37
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I try to stay off the no fly list too.

Message 35 of 37
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

For these types of issues, I like the way that Chase handled it professionally, by leaving simply no reason, to let the OP identify multiple mistakes by his own, learn from them and possibly do some corrective actions in future. From inside branch perspective, it should be one of the funniest stories for several days and I am not sure how long would it take for them to forgive the OP Smiley Happy

I would suggest to stay a way from their radars for a while Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 36 of 37
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@AhmedRadhy wrote:

Is it because I buy a lot of Visa and Mastercard gift cards? Yes, I buy a lot of them and I use them all the time to buy things online for my business, pay taxes, pay bills, and more. They could just ask me, warn me, freeze the account until they ask, or just close that card.

If I had to wager - this would be the reason here. 

Would you elaborate on the amounts for  Zelle and the GCs?

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.