Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chasepay won’t work with Walmartpay on iOS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chasepay won’t work with Walmartpay on iOS

In the beginning of November Chasepay was supposed to be available for use at Walmart and in conjunction with Walmartpay. However you still cannot use Chasepay at Walmart nor is there an option to add it in the Walmart app for use with Walmartpay in the store or on Walmart online. According to Walmart’s help, there are simple instructions to add it to the app, however the app does not respond in the way the instructions portray. I have reported the issue to both Chase and Walmart. Chase thanked me. Walmart kept giving me the runaround in circles and I swear I can’t believe the biggest retailer in the world has such incompetent support for their app. Using Chase pay during this quarter gave an extra 5% off so I wanted to take advantage at Walmart but seems to be impossible. Any comments or experiences that are relevant?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chasepay won’t work @ Walmart or with Walmartpay

I've had no problems adding it, and it works just fine. If I remember correctly, all I had to do is add Chase Pay to Walmart Pay as a payment method.

Does your phone support all the requirements?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I am extremely shocked. I’ve got a new iPhone so I hope it meets the requirements. Can you please tell me what version of the Walmart app you’re running? Because I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still doesn’t give me the option to add chasepay as a payment method.
Message 3 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Version 18. 20.6 , walmart pay is built in walmart app.
Is your card showing in chase pay?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to add Chase Pay to the Walmart app and use it with no problem. I do know that when I added it I had to get a code from Chase to add it. So maybe something with your phone. I am using Android. 

If I remember correctly I opened the Walmart app and then add payment method and Chase Pay was one of the payment options. Once I had it set up I was able to use it with no issues at all. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remedios, do you use iPhone or android? Because the next gentleman uses android and it works fine for him, as well. Both of you describe how it should work but it does not Work that way on my iPhone so I’m now I’m wondering if it’s iPhone related...Thank you both For your input by the way
Message 6 of 14
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I actually tried using Samsung Pay/Chase Pay at WalMart Neighborhood Market today and kept getting "Card Read Error" when I put my phone up to the pin pad... I finally gave up and used my actual card to pay, which worked fine.
Message 7 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes, Android
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've heard, Walmart only supports Chase Pay in the Android app but not with iPhone.

Message 9 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have iPhone. I can’t see where there is any option to add Chase Pay in the Walmart app as a payment method.

Sucks too because my Freedom Unlimited has the 5x Chase Pay promo to get 1,500 UR. Plan B, as with nearly all my Chase Pay so far is Starbucks reloads.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.