Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems now lets you pull your report instantly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ChexSystems now lets you pull your report instantly

I'm shocked the only bank inquiry I had was from Discover Bank. I figured the CU's I joined this year would have checked it. 

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this! I've been meaning to pull mine. Weird identity questions but I made it through and my report is clear... phew. I forgot about a savings account awhile back and they eventually closed it so I was afraid it hurt me!

My only entry was Goldman for the Apple Card.

Message 12 of 30
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Pulled mine this morning, one question did not line up

I have no idea the closest highway to "Lord" St.

So i picked what I thought was a common highway in a different state. Nailed itSmiley LOL

I seen nothing bad, but a few inqs, mostly from last year.

LOL--I had a question very similar to this. I had no idea. So I picked the name of the street that was also my sister's name. Seemed to work Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks for posting this.  My security questions were easy enough.  Other than my name, address, phone, DOB, the year and state that my SSN was issued, and inquiries, mine is a blank slate.  Nothing under "Reported Information," a single HP inquiry from BECU when I joined, and a handful of SP inquiries from Goldman Sachs for just being curious what APR and starting line they were offering on the Apple Card.

Message 14 of 30
core
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:
LOL--I had a question very similar to this. I had no idea. So I picked the name of the street that was also my sister's name. Seemed to work Smiley Happy

Yeah ChexSystems seems to love those street questions even when all the choices are nowhere near you.

Somebody smart should make a web site where you can type in the name of a street and it shows you a map.  Of course then that would make ChexSystem's street questions totally pointless.  Err wait a minute...

Message 15 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please explain the relevancy of Chex system?  I haven't written a check since 2005 and haven't been inside a bank for any transaction related matters since 2009.  In fact, I get super annoyed when someone pays me with a cheque.   How much longer do you think they will be around?

Think of ChexSystems kind of like EQ/EX/TU, but they only show closed bank accounts and inquiries.  If someone has had an unsatisfactory banking relationship in the past or is opening and closing 20 checking/savings accounts every year to collect signup bonuses, this is a tool for the banks.

Message 16 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@core wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Yeah ChexSystems seems to love those street questions even when all the choices are nowhere near you.

Somebody smart should make a web site where you can type in the name of a street and it shows you a map.  Of course then that would make ChexSystem's street questions totally pointless.  Err wait a minute...

Based on the fact that it asked me in what city a particular street was on (where I had a Mailboxes, Etc. box when I was 16 years old), I am going to assume that the security questions are coming from LexisNexis data, where I literally have about 35 pages of information warning that an address previously used by me decades ago could potentially have been a mail drop location (which of course it was).

Message 17 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@core wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Based on the fact that it asked me in what city a particular street was on (where I had a Mailboxes, Etc. box when I was 16 years old), I am going to assume that the security questions are coming from LexisNexis data, where I literally have about 35 pages of information warning that an address previously used by me decades ago could potentially have been a mail drop location (which of course it was).

@K-in-Boston, My L Nexis has been frozen for a good year or so, maybe they are pulling from an old LN on file?

🤷

Message 18 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Not near as bad as I thought!

Message 19 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@core wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@K-in-Boston, My L Nexis has been frozen for a good year or so, maybe they are pulling from an old LN on file?

🤷

Not sure.  While having it frozen means a potential lender can't pull the information, when it's only being used for identity verification I am not sure a freeze matters, unless it means that not only can that lender see that you once had an AMC Pacer, but you also bought it in... orange?!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.