cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystem and opening a joint account with husband?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Chexsystem and opening a joint account with husband?

I just recently got married. My husband and I are wanting to get a joint back account through bancfirst. I tried to apply online about a month ago as a individual and was denied due to checksystem. I have my chexsystem report on order, but we were going to try to go today and get the account. My question is, If he's on the account withe me is it like having a co-signer and I would be able to get it or does it not matter? Has anyone had success having the bank ovveride the denial? Also I have a low credit score due to a previous roomate running up my credit card bills without my knowledge and me not being able to pay them off enough or quick enough. I have been paying on everything owed and my score is going up but at 540 right now its still fairly low, i have read about once you get a checking account together you begin getting co-scored, I do not want my bad score to effect his good one so if we do go to buy a house at least we still have his good score. Is this actually the case? Does a joint bank account make you co-scored?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.