Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi account help

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Citi account help

I opened a Citi Checking account. Mostly for the $200 bonus but I'm open to keeping and using the account if I like how it goes .

Only a Checking account was opened and after satisfying the bonus terms I'd like to downgrade the account to the basic access version. I don't need or use checks. I'd also like to open an Accelerate savings account afterwards (available in my state). Is this allowed?

I'm going to keep at minimum $5k in the accounts.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi account help

@SkyCommander wrote:

I opened a Citi Checking account. Mostly for the $200 bonus but I'm open to keeping and using the account if I like how it goes .

Only a Checking account was opened and after satisfying the bonus terms I'd like to downgrade the account to the basic access version. I don't need or use checks. I'd also like to open an Accelerate savings account afterwards (available in my state). Is this allowed?

I don't understand your question.

It's a free country. Why can't you open any kind of savings account you want?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 4
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

If other people have done this.

If it's possible to downgrade the account and if you open a savings will the savings merge under one login. Right now I have one login for my credit card and then another login for the checking.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 3 of 4
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@SkyCommander wrote:

Personally I would suggest moving your money to another bank or investing it if you're keeping that much money in deposits around. 

From what I've gathered, unless you have at least $10,000 in a CD with Citi (and this is only a promotional 2.25% rate), you're better off investing the money for a higher return.

But then again I'm biased because I think Citibank is poorly managed and provides a less than satisfactory customer service experience.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.