Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean ChexSystem & Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clean ChexSystem & Denied

Ok really odd. Applied for a NASA FCU account to get a great rate on a credit card. They pull ChexSystem and I was denied as they could not verify identity... Even with DL, SS, and Utility Bill for proof of residence. 

Ok, So I get my ChexSystem Report... All Clean No Derogitory and lists evidence of my identity along with my SS (last 4) and address... Has a Score for Evidence of Wealth 1 - 6 and I list as a 5.. Really dont understand... 

Have applied to DCU and got my account there now but cant understand NASA FCU not being able to verify my identity... 

7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Clean ChexSystem & Denied

Don't get me started on ChexSystem..  Ask them to provide you with a copy of your Qualifile report and see what is might or might not say.  Look for my post on them in personal finance although different.  Are they quoting that your chexsystem report as the reason for the denial and your address matches what is on chexsystem?  How long have you been at your current address etc? I wonder if they are using additional stuff such as lexisnexus, etc in your case that might not be matching up?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Don't get me started on ChexSystem..  Ask them to provide you with a copy of your Qualifile report and see what is might or might not say.  Look for my post on them in personal finance although different.  Are they quoting that your chexsystem report as the reason for the denial and your address matches what is on chexsystem?  How long have you been at your current address etc? I wonder if they are using additional stuff such as lexisnexus, etc in your case that might not be matching up?

LOL. Trust me I won't get you started as I have read extensively on ChexSystem... The reason NASA FCU gave for the denial was they could not verify identity. This seemed odd as the ChexSystem Report has my address where I have been for 3 years and my former where I was for several years before... I have not heard of Qualifile and most definately will research your posts... When I spoke to the CSR they said the denial was inability to verify identity, which was odd. They had my DL & SS along with the ChexSystem report with my address and my other CU acoounts... Did not note Lexisnexus... Thank you for your reply...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get into DCU b/c of something they say they see on my ChexSystems and telling me that they can't verify my identity either.  My Chexsystems is clean so I'm unsure of what the issue is myself.  

Message 4 of 8
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

"Unable to verify identity" suggests a possible social security # issue. Could there be a typo somewhere and numbers don't match? ChexSystems also lists timeframe of issue and region where the SSN was issued. Perhaps the region/timeframe appears to contradict with something on your application such as listed timeframe of SSN issue before your birth date.

It could be address related as well but, I'd look into SSN.  Back in April 2017 I requested a copy of my SageStrean consumer report. It came back incomplete. Only after reviewing my original request again did I notice numbers were transposed on my SSN Smiley Frustrated. Below is a link to a thread on this issue and a paste of an excerpt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/6s561r/denied_a_checking_account_but_i_have_a_spot...

ChexSystems.jpg

P.S. Are you a Sr., Jr, II or III with the same name and possibly address as a parent/offspring? Others have reported this as a cause for denial.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

"Unable to verify identity" suggests a possible social security # issue. Could there be a typo somewhere and numbers don't match? ChexSystems also lists timeframe of issue and region where the SSN was issued. Perhaps the region/timeframe appears to contradict with something on your application such as listed timeframe of SSN issue before your birth date.

It could be address related as well but, I'd look into SSN.  Back in April 2017 I requested a copy of my SageStrean consumer report. It came back incomplete. Only after reviewing my original request again did I notice numbers were transposed on my SSN Smiley Frustrated. Below is a link to a thread on this issue and a paste of an excerpt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/6s561r/denied_a_checking_account_but_i_have_a_spot...

ChexSystems.jpg

P.S. Are you a Sr., Jr, II or III with the same name and possibly address as a parent/offspring? Others have reported this as a cause for denial.

Wow. Thank you for the comprehensive background on ChexSystem... Everything is clear, no joint accounts. Not a Sr, Jr II or III, no address as a parent or offspring... Its truly odd. The Customer Service Rep was very nice and verbally let me know the reason. Which theyt stated as not being able to verify my identity an they suggested ordering my ChexSystem report to review... Nothing showed everything that was on it was true and clear with no derogitory items... Just very odd that not able to verify identy was the reason for denial of account...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, just read the start of your reply... I did notice that on my report it said my SS # showing the last 4 numbers was avaiable inb my region in 1984 and I was born in 67 could that possibly be the reason? My DCU account went through no issues as did my other CU accounts that were listed on the ChexSystem report that were approved...

Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, just read the start of your reply... I did notice that on my report it said my SS # showing the last 4 numbers was avaiable inb my region in 1984 and I was born in 67 could that possibly be the reason? My DCU account went through no issues as did my other CU accounts that were listed on the ChexSystem report that were approved...

I don't thing that would be the problem, that would make your age 17 when you got your SS# which is not that unusual. My Chex says my SS# was issued in 1963 and I was born in 1951, making me 12 years old. I think some banks/credit unions are more anal at verifying identity than others. I got in Penfed & DCU with just Chex no problem, but when I opened an account at Memory Bank they insisted on copies of my drivers license, social security card & utility bill, which I uploaded. But I used grayscale scans (smaller file size) and they came back and insisted on a color copies of all 3.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.