cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless symbol on PNC ATM

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Contactless symbol on PNC ATM

A few days ago, I stopped at my local PNC branch to withdraw cash from the ATM. They’ve swapped the old machine for a new model with a contactless payment pad. Is this showing up at other PNC branches, and does it work for contactless access via Apple/Google/Samsung?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Contactless symbol on PNC ATM

@5KRunner does it take contactless Debit and/or ATM Cards?
Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Regular Contributor

I’m not sure, since I don’t have one and was thus unable to test it. And I searched the PNC website and there’s no indication that they’re offering contactless cards, either.

Message 3 of 7

I can't answer your question specific to PNC, however the Wells Fargo and Bank of America ATMs I've used with contactless do take mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay). 

I would be surprised if the same wasn't true with PNC.

*Note:  I'm not sure about BoA, but WF ATMs only allow you to use a mobile wallet if you're using a WF card.  When I attempted to make a withdrawal from a WF ATM using my USAA debit card via Samsung Pay, I was prompted to insert the physical card.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Not PNC related, but with 5/3 bank, you can use the ATM via your smartphone app instead of having a physical card.
Open LOC:
Paid-off Installment Loans:
2018:
2019:
Message 5 of 7
Regular Contributor

PNC offers a similar capability in its app. I’ve used it, but only once... I found it more cumbersome than simply inserting the card.
Message 6 of 7
Regular Contributor

I haven't seen contactless ATMs over where I am at.

Michigan Schools & Gov't Credit Union Classic Visa Card | $1kDiscover Student Cash Back | $1700Capital One Savor Card v1 | $11k AUAmex 1.5% CB | $2kBest Buy Store Card | $3k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.