Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Finance Help

tag
3elizabeth
New Contributor

Continental Finance Help

I was making payments online and then I began to make them by sending checks.  I have not been getting credit for them and now the account shows 90 day late.  I don't have a card and the statement that I have is very old.  I have written letters but nothing is acknowledged.  Does anyone have suggestions/addresses/emails/etc. that would help me?  I know that this will be tough to fix.  Thanks in advance.

In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Continental Finance Help

Did they deposit your checks?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@3elizabeth wrote:

I was making payments online and then I began to make them by sending checks.  I have not been getting credit for them and now the account shows 90 day late.  I don't have a card and the statement that I have is very old.  I have written letters but nothing is acknowledged.  Does anyone have suggestions/addresses/emails/etc. that would help me?  I know that this will be tough to fix.  Thanks in advance.

Have you tried pay them through your financial institution? I used USAA's bill pay option to pay them directly. Never had any issues while I had the card. Wish you luck!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start paying online again... and see if they cashed your checks.

Message 4 of 10
3elizabeth
New Contributor

Thank you all for replying!  I was using my auto bill pay and then life got in the way and I didn't follow up.  The checks have not been cashed.  I can make the payments online again and get caught up, but what I need is some advice on how to get the 90-day lates off my reports, get a current card, and get someone to respond to me.  I would like to try some GW, but I can't find any information.  If anyone has any information, please PM it to me! 

In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have canceled checks to prove you paid them it's going to be a tough sell. Telling them you mailed them and they didn't cash them is not going to work.

Message 6 of 10
3elizabeth
New Contributor

I can appreciate that, but the bottom line is that I can't tell them anything as I can't seem to contact them by mail in any way, shape, or form regardless.  I would like to know if anyone has any addresses or phone numbers at all for CF.  Hopefully, I can make some progress, or at least feel like I am doing something.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@3elizabeth wrote:

I can appreciate that, but the bottom line is that I can't tell them anything as I can't seem to contact them by mail in any way, shape, or form regardless.  I would like to know if anyone has any addresses or phone numbers at all for CF.  Hopefully, I can make some progress, or at least feel like I am doing something.  

I just did a Google search for Continental finance corporate contact phone number and the number popped up in large font....Try it, then call them.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card did you have through them?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@3elizabeth wrote:

I hope you were able to get in touch with someone. Please come back and update your thread. Thanks for the share.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.