Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma's Search for Unclaimed Money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma's Search for Unclaimed Money

Today I got my $223.94 check in the mail. I'm so excited to cash it, very glad the state of Virginia gave me this back. Now where's my interest lol.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I I found my name on the unclaimed funds list, a former employer who didn’t tell the employees about their stock even after the company went of business! They recently 

opened again after 15 years. I gave them a call when I found out about my unclaimed funds but to no avail they said I’m not owe a dime! When I called the NYS website they 

said yes! Just fill out the form and send it to us. After I called my former employer NYS says there’s no money there! Where did it go? What did my former employer do? What can I do about this?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found my grandmother on there and after she died 10+ years ago I was supposed to inherit stocks and some other things that her kids made disapear. You know, usual family drama.

I wonder if those were mine.

Message 13 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

13bd3f43f8b15d06c2adf1b992d5b065.jpg

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 19
vV35Hszm
Contributor

I found almost a dozen things... a few were in the hundreds.

Unfortunately, when I claimed them they were ALL intercepted by the state for taxes.  ;(

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, thieving government does it again.

@thelion11 my boss dissolved our company owing me and everyone else their paychecks. I filed lost wage with my states dol and they told me f off.

Odds are nothing you can do.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received $80.  I still don't know from what.  I am guessing some utility deposit many years ago...

Message 17 of 19
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

It took a couple weeks but I received $283.33 from 2001 that Illinois was keeping for me. IIRC, it was a deposit for one one those old bar phones before they became small. Good service. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t have any unclaimed funds. However my grandmother does. I called and told her it was $137 from utilities. She doesn’t believe me and said she’s not giving anybody her information.. I just love elderly people.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.