Did you mean: 

Credit Union Suggestions

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Union Suggestions

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  What don't you like about them?

💩smells???😄

Like Hershey's kisses with eyes? Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 44
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AllZero wrote:

They've been my main bank for about 10 or so years. They're advertising is deceptive in that they do have hidden fees. They wouldn't give me rebuilding products when I needed them. They wouldn't even let me app for a secured card or SSL, saying come back when my credit was better. The card products are mediocre. There's a secured, Platinum, and 1% rewards card. They're not rebuilder friendly. When I came back with much better credit, they weren't willing to provide me any products despite my long and exemplary relationship with them. They do have good auto rates, if you have good credit. Their app never works and when it does, it last a couple of weeks before you can't log in again. Very basic internet portal. Transfers take a week to process when all my other Banks and credit unions only take a couple of days. And I'm talking about between each other. Withdraw through SDCCU from chase took 1 day to remove funds, 5 days later to get them. Transfer to NFCU, 4 days to process, navy did their end in 1.

That's all I can think of right now without trying.

Message 12 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you for sharing the information! It'll be useful for members to review. There isn't a lot of data on this cu.

Message 13 of 44
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Looking to expand our credit union portfolio.

DH has scores now in the middle 650 range. (his baddies are less than a year) ALL PAID 2% util. and new mortgage

I range 675-700 (my baddies are all over a year) ALL PAID 11% util.

We are in CA or need to be able to join through membership

Obviously INQ and Past Baddies can't be an issue.

Navy, Penfed, USAA all out.

Already have Gain, Golden1, LAFCU, AOD pending

A business product would be totally fine too.

Bank of the West business pending.

Thoughts and suggestions?

IMHO there are a lot of good credit unions with California-based membership fields.

But if you want credit unions that are open to all, I would suggest Unify, Langley, Andigo, Digital, Alliant, Affinity FCU, and Chartway.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU

@Anonymous which card of theirs do you like? How difficult are they to join?  Smiley Happy

I have their Platinum card. They're not my favorite CU I have because they haven't increased the limit since I got it last February but they're pretty decent for most and their 6.17% APY on the first $1K in savings is a free $61 a year. 

They have a donation option when you're going through the membership process. I think it was like $10?

Message 15 of 44
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AllZero wrote:

Thank you for sharing the information! It'll be useful for members to review. There isn't a lot of data on this cu.

@Mv350 can chime in on them as well.

Message 16 of 44
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I believe Consumers Credit Union is national in scope.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 17 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

💩smells???😄

Laughing Clown.png

Message 18 of 44
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Mv350 can chime in on them as well.

SDCCU sucks.

I haven't been able to successfully gain any sort of credit product from them, after being told they were willing to work with me.

When I had a checking account, they wanted to charge me 10 dollars to do an ACH transfer to an outside account. 

I am a part of PenFed, NFCU, AOD, DCU and Langley. All far superior customer service and offerings. With better products. All use Co-Op network. I'm going to close my SDCCU account as soon as the stay at home order stuff goes away.It says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside accountIt says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside account

Message 19 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Mv350  Thanks for the addtional feedback. I like CUs that don't charge ACH fee.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.