Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions Memberships with SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Unions Memberships with SP

I was Hp'd in March '19 for PenFed.

Though now that I think about it, I also applied for a cc. Only 1 hp, but it could have been for the cc app.
Message 11 of 21
allegra37
Valued Member

Trying to figure out : Opening account is SP at Penfed ? or HP 

Message 12 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

A CC app is a HP basically everywhere with almost every lender but absolutely with every CU to my knowledge.

Many CU’a have finally started to code as soft, thankfully: DCU changed and I believe Penfed did too though as some are reporting.

That all said, inquiries don’t count for much and so I wouldn’t try to avoid them if it is for a quality CU that I would make use of... there are plenty of CU’s that don’t fit that definition unfortunately.

        
Message 13 of 21
Green456
Established Contributor

@allegra37 wrote:

Trying to figure out : Opening account is SP at Penfed ? or HP 

1 year ago it was HP for me.

Message 14 of 21
allegra37
Valued Member

DCU has CO-OP branches thats why I joined them it was SP membership. Penfed is reputable CU but I read other threads they HP twice for membership and CC. 

Message 15 of 21
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Penfed membership came with an HP for my wife about two months ago. 

Message 16 of 21
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:

Penfed membership came with an HP for my wife about two months ago. 

Interesting.

My only DP's are that our reports were frozen during application, and I did have to fax (to the best of my memory) DD214, copy of driver's license, and *maybe* a utility bill for address verification.

No CC app.

However, I have noticed that almost 7 months later, I still cannot add an external account. So my account just sits there with a $5 share. I basically just joined in case any of their CC's struck my fancy in the future.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 17 of 21
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

A DD214 for Penfed? Really?

@OmarR wrote:

My only DP's are that our reports were frozen during application, and I did have to fax (to the best of my memory) DD214, copy of driver's license, and *maybe* a utility bill for address verification.

Message 18 of 21
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:

A DD214 for Penfed? Really?

Yeah, they gave me a long list of acceptable verification docs. I just chose what I had easily available at the time.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 19 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect the fact your reports were frozen was why you had to jump through the additional verification steps.

        
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.