Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions (and Banks) with Early Direct Deposit

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Unions with Early Direct Deposit

Capital One advertises early DD for their 360 checking on TV. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 21 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get early dd at 5/3. How do I go about getting that set up?

Message 22 of 85
justjac2
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous It just rolled out last year (2021), first with one day then two days in Sept, I think.  Not sure if it's for all accounts, but I have Momentum Checking plus Extra Time.  I didn't sign up for it, it just started.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 23 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I'll have to check. I know they recently (not so) changed the names of all the accounts and to be honest I'm not sure what I have. But even if I don't have the correct type it might be a good change if possible in order to qualify. Or I guess since I'm an established customer for umpteen years they just assume I figure they don't?!?  Thanks for the info!

Message 24 of 85
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

You have both Mountain America and America First listed as very limited membership, but both of them are actually open to everyone.

America First has numerous different PTA's you can join and they aren't geo-locked, I joined and I live in Minnesota way outside of their footprint. The lady on the phone who help me set up my America First membership joined the Nevada PTA for me and they paid the PTA fee/dues on my behalf for me.

Mountain America you can be eligible by joining the American Consumer Council and they aren't geo-locked either, I even reached out to them via Facebook because when I decided to join America First I was contemplating on joining one or the other (Mountain America or America First) but I ultimately ended up choosing America First.

macuopen.png

Sorry I don't agree with you.

Mountain America

https://www.macu.com/about/membership

America First

https://www.americafirst.com/about/membership/map.html

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 25 of 85
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I literally just joined America First and I live in Minnesota. They got numerous PTAs anyone can join from anywhere in the country regardless where you live listed under their select employee groups (SEGs) including the Nevada PTA and Utah PTA. In fact the lady on the phone who helped me sign up for a membership signed me up for the Nevada PTA and they paid the fee as well for me to join the PTA.

I will say though, that they don't exactly advertise that they're open to everyone and it's very difficult, if not borderline impossible to tell via their website.

Select Employer Groups (SEG) - America First Credit Union

Anyone join America First Credit Union out of stat... - myFICO® Forums - 6096218

And for Mountain America, the American Consumer Council is literally listed under their SEGs right in the link you provided. That's the same exact method that makes Service Credit Union and Andrews Federal Credit Union open to anyone (Along with numerous other credit unions) and you have both Service and Andrews Federal Credit Union listed as open to anybody, but not Mountain America. And I even provided a screen shot from when I reached out to them and asked via Facebook, with them literally responding to me saying it's open to everyone via the ACC (American Consumer Council) regardless if you live in a state with a branch or not...

American Consumer Council Membership/Affiliated Cr... - myFICO® Forums - 2823419

Update:I can even provide a screeshot of America First saying that they've paid for my PTA membership to make me eligible to join from out of state.

afcupta.png

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 26 of 85
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

I literally just joined America First and I live in Minnesota. They got numerous PTAs anyone can join from anywhere in the country regardless where you live listed under their select employee groups (SEGs) including the Nevada PTA and Utah PTA. In fact the lady on the phone who helped me sign up for a membership signed me up for the Nevada PTA and they paid the fee as well for me to join the PTA.

I will say though, that they don't exactly advertise that they're open to everyone and it's very difficult, if not borderline impossible to tell via their website.

Select Employer Groups (SEG) - America First Credit Union

Anyone join America First Credit Union out of stat... - myFICO® Forums - 6096218

And for Mountain America, the American Consumer Council is literally listed under their SEGs right in the link you provided. That's the same exact method that makes Service Credit Union and Andrews Federal Credit Union open to anyone (Along with numerous other credit unions) and you have both Service and Andrews Federal Credit Union listed as open to anybody, but not Mountain America. And I even provided a screen shot from when I reached out to them and asked via Facebook, with them literally responding to me saying it's open to everyone via the ACC (American Consumer Council) regardless if you live in a state with a branch or not...

American Consumer Council Membership/Affiliated Cr... - myFICO® Forums - 2823419

Update:I can even provide a screeshot of America First saying that they've paid for my PTA membership to make me eligible to join from out of state.

afcupta.png

Based upon the above, I've listed them in the open credit union section, even though their websites say otherwise.

Saying that you can join if you're employed by American Consumer Council is different than saying you can join if you're a member of American Consumer Council.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 27 of 85
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Adding to the DP Capital One 360 deposits up to two days early.

Message 28 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely forgot about my membership with USF FCU. 

University of South Florida  (1 day).

Must be affiliated with the university as faculty,  staff,  student or alumni to join. 

Message 29 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's one more for the forum @SouthJamaica 

VyStar CU (2 days)

Georestricted to certain counties in FL.  From what I can tell, you must live in a county where they have a branch.

My direct deposit was more of a test since I joined recently & wanted to see how early I received my check.  Received today, 1/28 and payday is scheduled for 1/31.

Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.