Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions for self-employed?

tag
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Credit Unions for self-employed?

What Credit Unions do you know of who are good about extending credit to those who are self-employed?

Snapshot of my situation: 
644 Experian
654 Transunion

599 Equifax

My credit utilization almost 100% due to a client delaying and then defaulting on a $13k payment

This weekend, I had a long reconsideration conversation with a PenFed officer who said she needed to see a minimum of 640 Equifax in order to meet the regulations she can follow around extending credit.

I just reached out to Unify after they rejected my credit card application and applied for a personal loan and a debt consolidation loan.

I look forward to all of your ideas Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Unions for self-employed?

@Expansion wrote:

What Credit Unions do you know of who are good about extending credit to those who are self-employed?

Snapshot of my situation: 
644 Experian
654 Transunion

599 Equifax

My credit utilization almost 100% due to a client delaying and then defaulting on a $13k payment

This weekend, I had a long reconsideration conversation with a PenFed officer who said she needed to see a minimum of 640 Equifax in order to meet the regulations she can follow around extending credit.

I just reached out to Unify after they rejected my credit card application and applied for a personal loan and a debt consolidation loan.

I look forward to all of your ideas Smiley Happy

I don't think it matters much if your self employed. As long as you can prove the income you list.

Lots of credit unions pull EQ. Unfortunately, that's your lowest score.

Message 2 of 6
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Donny10!

Along these lines... any thoughts on credit unions that pull transunion? (since it's my highest score?)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Expansion wrote:

Thanks, Donny10!

Along these lines... any thoughts on credit unions that pull transunion? (since it's my highest score?)

Your welcome. Others will chime in on which CU's pull TU exclusively.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Good answers here so far... if you want CU-specific information there's also a large thread dedicated to the topic:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-Credit-Unions-Guide/td-p/4768788

Message 5 of 6
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Thanks, UncleB!  I so appreciate you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.