Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions in Houston

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions in Houston

I'm looking to open an account with a credit union somewhere in or near The Woodlands area to refinance my 20% interest rate car loan. BUT i have have 2 accounts that are on chexsystems and I went to smartfinancial and thats when i found out. I really dont want to have a hard pull either but I've always heard credit unions are better banking institutions and I dont have any military affliation so I cant go that route either. THanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Unions in Houston

I live in Houston myself. Honestly, there arent many large CU here. Maybe TDECU/Smart Financial/ and Peoples Trust. But all have few locations. Personally, I would advise you to get your credit scores up first. Regardless of where you try to refinance, with those scores it will be hard. As far as the CHEX System you will have to find a way to satisfy those and possibly get them removed. Search online and on these forums. Once your credit scores surpass the 600 mark you will get better offers on finance. Unless of course you owe more than the car is worth. So keep paying it down.... patience

Message 2 of 6
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Forget houston credit unions. They all suck, greedy and poor customer service. Just apply at Randolph Brooks in San Antonio. Just say you worship in the city to join. 

Best credt union in texas outside of Navy Federal.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 3 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

You don't have to say you worship anywhere. All Texans are eligible for Randolph Brooks by joining American Consumer Council if you don't live in branch area. I agree. Best CU in Texas after Navy Fed.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Randolph Brooks BK friendly?  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBFCU was not BK-friendly for me. Declined despite being approved by other place. I was only about a year post-BK at the time.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.