Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions (and Banks) with Early Direct Deposit

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Credit Unions (and Banks) with Early Direct Deposit

Some credit unions and banks have early direct deposit. If you use direct deposit, they make it available a day or two early, sometimes even sooner than that.

The ones I know that offer this feature are listed below. 

If you know of others, let me know and I'll add them to this post.  When doing so, be sure to specify what their membership eligibility requirements are, so I'll know how to classify them. If early direct deposit is available only for some accounts, or to some members, please specify the details of eligibility for early direct deposit. 

Any updates or corrections would be welcome as well. 

Open membership credit unions:

1. Langley FCU (1-2 days)

2. Hanscom FCU (2 days)

3. DCU (2 days)

4. PenFed (2 days)

5. Unify FCU (2 day)

6. Andrews FCU (1 day)

7. Chartway FCU (1-2 days) 

8. Service CU (2 days)

9. Affinity FCU (cash back debit checking account) (2 days)

10. US Senate FCU (1-2 days)

11. Consumers CU (Illinois) (1 day)

12. USAlliance (2 day)

13. Mountain America CU  (according to @Royalbacon it is open to anyone, although website says otherwise)

14. SDCCU (2 day) (per @Brian_Earl_Spilner)

15. Jovia Financial CU (2 day)

Somewhat limited membership credit unions:

1.  NFCU (1 day) (Most members have to specially request the early direct deposit)

Very limited membership credit unions:

1. Abri (1 day)

2. University FCU, Mountain America, America First (all 1-day)

3. Golden 1 (1 day)

4. FCCU (First Community Credit Union) (Houston) (2 days)

5. Baxter CU (2 days)

6. RBFCU (1 day or 2 day) 

7. Knoxville TVA Employees CU (2-3 days)

8. Point Breeze CU (1 day), Sky One FCU (1-2 days), Union Square CU (2 days), GPO FCU (1 day) (courtesy Royalbacon)

9. South Florida Educational FCU (1 day)

10. Wescom CU (2 days)

11. SCSCU (1 day)

12. University of South Florida CU (1 day)

13. VyStar CU (2 day)

14. Municipal Credit Union NYC (1 day) (per @WomanITGeek)

15. America First CU

16. Idaho Central Credit Union (2 day) (per @Royalbacon )

Banks:

1. Chime Bank (2 day)

2.  Woodforest National Bank (2 day)

3.  SoFi (2 day)

4.  USAA (1 day) (very limited membership)

5.   One Finance

6.   5/3 Bank (with Momentum checking)

7.  Capital One (with 360 checking)

8.  Citizens Bank (2 day)

9.  Discover Bank (2 day) (courtesy @AndySoCal)

10. Ally Bank (2 day) (courtesy @GatorGuy)

11.  Huntington Bank (geofenced) (2 day) (courtesy @Royalbacon)

12. JPMorgan Chase (with "Secured Checking" type of account)

13. Wells Fargo (courtesy @difringe) (this one is questionable see @FireMedic1  post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Wells-Fargo-to-Credit-Direct-Deposits-Early/m-p/66...

Other:

1. Fidelity Cash Management (1 day)

(Note: an earlier thread with the same title has been closed, due to its age.)

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Unions with Early Direct Deposit

One thing that I have figured out is that the "one, two or three day early" is really dependent on when the originating financial institution pushes the payments. It can be 3 days from one payee and 1 for another, and also vary from month to month depending on what day your regular pay day falls. This service in the fine print is more like " we will give it too you when we get it, won't hold it for interest".  No guarantee you get it 1, 2 or 3 days early.

Message 2 of 85
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

SouthJamaica,

My main CU, SCSCU, is a one day early direct deposit CU. They are also geo-restricted to select counties and organizations in SC.

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 85
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

One thing that I have figured out is that the "one, two or three day early" is really dependent on when the originating financial institution pushes the payments. It can be 3 days from one payee and 1 for another, and also vary from month to month depending on what day your regular pay day falls. This service in the fine print is more like " we will give it too you when we get it, won't hold it for interest".  No guarantee you get it 1, 2 or 3 days early.

Yes there can be slight variations. Think of the 1-day ones as always being the day before, and the 2-day ones as from 1 to 5 days, depending on variables.

Message 4 of 85
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Kforce wrote:

Yeah, I've gotten DDs randomly early even at Chase recently.

Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, it's certainly not consistent most of the time it is very early on my actual pay day.  I work for a Dow component so I would expect it to be like clockwork but even it gets a little strange at times.

        
Message 5 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAlliance meets criteria of being a CU with early DD. Up to 2 days early.

Message 6 of 85
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NFCU - 1 day early

Membership required via military affiliation, including relatives whether live or deceased. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 85
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

USAlliance meets criteria of being a CU with early DD. Up to 2 days early.

Please advise as to membership requirements for USAlliance @Anonymous 

Thanks

Message 8 of 85
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

NFCU - 1 day early

Membership required via military affiliation, including relatives whether live or deceased. 

Please advise as to which members get early direct deposit and how to get it @CreditInspired 

Thanks

Message 9 of 85
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

NFCU - 1 day early

Please advise as to which members get early direct deposit and how to get it @CreditInspired 

Thanks

IME I called Navy's automated system when I had a pending deposit and it asked if I wanted it made available immediately, I said yes please lol.

I did this 2 weeks in a row and now I receive my DD a day early every week without calling in.

I tried calling previously and asking a CSR about early DD, but they said they couldn't do it. So, I guess that's kind of a YEMV.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.