Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit unions like statefarm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit unions like statefarm

I meed help adding one more credit union to my list i need one that offers car insurance as well as isnt inquire sensitive either also need a personal loan of around 2 to 5k if possible for medical bills
5 REPLIES 5
bhill40
Valued Member

Re: Credit unions like statefarm

Try USAA!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I meed help adding one more credit union to my list i need one that offers car insurance as well as isnt inquire sensitive either also need a personal loan of around 2 to 5k if possible for medical bills

I'm not really sure I would clasify State Farm as a "credit union," as I will guess they are a for profit company on both the banking and insurance sides. Nationwide is not longer offering bank accounts (or won't be soon), and USAA is a not for profit company for military members. 

Many credit unions offer insurance through partners. What they do is have a list of companies they participate with, so when you contact your local credit union, they will reach out and grab quotes from each partner, and then reach out to you with the best insurance options out of the bunch. You would then deal with your local credit union's insurance rep for most of the issues/questions you have with your insurance choice. Don't pull your hair out - just find a local credit union that participates in insurance. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not really sure I would clasify State Farm as a "credit union," as I will guess they are a for profit company on both the banking and insurance sides. Nationwide is not longer offering bank accounts (or won't be soon), and USAA is a not for profit company for military members. 

Many credit unions offer insurance through partners. What they do is have a list of companies they participate with, so when you contact your local credit union, they will reach out and grab quotes from each partner, and then reach out to you with the best insurance options out of the bunch. You would then deal with your local credit union's insurance rep for most of the issues/questions you have with your insurance choice. Don't pull your hair out - just find a local credit union that participates in insurance. 

OP I believe is talking about State Farm Federal Credit Union.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP I believe is talking about State Farm Federal Credit Union.

Great catch, @Anonymous!

State Farm Federal Credit Union - https://www.statefarmfcu.com/

From the site:

Membership

State Farm Federal Credit Union is an exclusive benefit program offered as part of the State Farm Total Rewards package. Membership is open to all U.S. State Farm employees, agents, retirees, and certain members of their immediate families

On the other hand, State Farm Bankhttps://www.statefarm.com/finances/banking/bank-deposit-accounts

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow im stupid
I just have insurance with them
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.