Did you mean: 

Credit unions with early direct deposit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit unions with early direct deposit

@SouthJamaica

Reviving this topic.

Baxter Credit Union credits direct deposits up to two days early.  They actively market a program called Enhanced Direct Deposit as part of  their membership recruitment.  Unfortunately, membership is geographically restricted to parts of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico (areas where Baxter has offices and/or manufacturing facilities).

"Financial institutions are notified of forthcoming electronic deposits before they actually receive the money. Instead of waiting for the funds to arrive like most banks, the Credit Union gives our members their money sooner by advancing payroll and any other electronic deposits as soon as we are notified they are on their way."

Message 41 of 114
Gmood1
Super Contributor

MnB can I be your step son so I can join Baxter?😜
I'm sure USAA has been mentioned. I didn't read the entire thread.
What they do that I've not experienced anywhere else, is USAA allows you to pull from other banks instantly. I requested a $5,000 pull from another outside bank account. USAA allowed me access instantly.
There was no 3 to 5 day wait inorder to utilize the funds. None of the 20 plus banks or credit unions I've dealt with do this.
This is a ACH transfer. Not a 3rd party company like Zelle.

Message 42 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

What they do that I've not experienced anywhere else, is USAA allows you to pull from other banks instantly. I requested a $5,000 pull from another outside bank account. USAA allowed me access instantly.
There was no 3 to 5 day wait inorder to utilize the funds. None of the 20 plus banks or credit unions I've dealt with do this.

I would; but I have a feeling you would be a very expensive step son.

That's a very nice feature by USAAA; Chase Bank has something somewhat similar where you can make an ACH pull but access to the funds is next day.

Message 43 of 114
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

That's a very nice feature by USAAA; Chase Bank has something somewhat similar where you can make an ACH pull but access to the funds is next day.

Lol...I promise to be low cost stepson.😬

The next day ACH transfers are supposed to become more of a standard across financial institutions I thought. Apparently WF didn't get the memo.😂

Alliant and Ally are pretty good about the 24 hr ACH IME.

Message 44 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I opened a Chase checking account in January with a snail mailer $300 new account bonus to try them out. When I tried to pull a couple grand from Discover I got a call from a rep, she wanted to conference call us with Disco to confirm I owned the account. I told her no thanks, just cancel the ACH, and pushed it to Chase from Disco. The 6 month requirement to not forfeit the bonus is up tomorrow, I'll close the account next week.

Penfed gives your instant access to ACH pulls up to $5k, and 1 day early payroll direct deposit when I had there, I moved the DD to DCU for a half point discount on my car loan, DCU also gives you 1 day early DD.

Message 45 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I opened a Chase checking account in January with a snail mailer $300 new account bonus to try them out. When I tried to pull a couple grand from Discover I got a call from a rep, she wanted to conference call us with Disco to confirm I owned the account. I told her no thanks, just cancel the ACH, and pushed it to Chase from Disco. The 6 month requirement to not forfeit the bonus is up tomorrow, I'll close the account next week.

Penfed gives your instant access to ACH pulls up to $5k, and 1 day early payroll direct deposit when I had there, I moved the DD to DCU for a half point discount on my car loan, DCU also gives you 1 day early DD.

Correction. PenFed gives you 1 day early direct deposit; DCU gives you 2 day early direct deposit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 46 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Correction. PenFed gives you 1 day early direct deposit; DCU gives you 2 day early direct deposit.

Perhaps it depends on your employer? My employer is the local county government, payday is every other Friday and I was/am always credited with the payroll DD on Thursdays at both Penfed & DCU.

Message 47 of 114
iced
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Perhaps it depends on your employer? My employer is the local county government, payday is every other Friday and I was/am always credited with the payroll DD on Thursdays at both Penfed & DCU.

There might be limits in terms of what they'll release early.

My paychecks also go into DCU and I have never gotten them two days early; it's always 1 day early for me. I also know they claim to offer early deposit on tax refunds, but I have yet to see any of my refunds get credited early at all. It's very hit and miss to be honest.

Message 48 of 114
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Not a CU or bank but Fidelity cash management account also posts 1day early.

cheers.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 49 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Lol...I promise to be low cost stepson.😬

The next day ACH transfers are supposed to become more of a standard across financial institutions I thought. Apparently WF didn't get the memo.😂

Alliant and Ally are pretty good about the 24 hr ACH IME.

How good are you at yardwork? Smiley Happy

U.S. Bank apparently hasn't got the memo either...they still charge $3 per outgoing ACH transfer.

Message 50 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.