Did you mean: 

Credit unions with early direct deposit

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Credit unions with early direct deposit

I'm a yard guru! Lol
That's insane. I think BBVA does to!
Needless to say, I wouldn't use either as a main bank.
Message 51 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I opened a Chase checking account in January with a snail mailer $300 new account bonus to try them out. When I tried to pull a couple grand from Discover I got a call from a rep, she wanted to conference call us with Disco to confirm I owned the account. I told her no thanks, just cancel the ACH, and pushed it to Chase from Disco. The 6 month requirement to not forfeit the bonus is up tomorrow, I'll close the account next week.

Penfed gives your instant access to ACH pulls up to $5k, and 1 day early payroll direct deposit when I had there, I moved the DD to DCU for a half point discount on my car loan, DCU also gives you 1 day early DD.

I use Chase as my banking hub - especially for the feature where you can easily add accounts by simply signing in to them from Chase's portal - and I haven't (yet) had any such problems.  Now, Amex Personal Savings is an entirely different story.

Thanks for the tip on PenFed ACH...never knew that.

Message 52 of 114
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I use USAA as my main bank. The other 15 or so are off shoots.
Message 53 of 114
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Randolph Brooks is the worst credit union ever. 
So archaic

They refuse to get any kind of p2p transfer or zelle. Their transfers are 3 day wait to outgoing institutions.  They give you DD on the day you are paid and to top it off they are extremely conservative in their loan products. I had a 710 Credit Score once and they only gave me a CC for 3000. Went over to NFCU and Chase and got two cards for 25k and 15k respectively

Im really not sure how this CU is still in business in 2019.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 54 of 114
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NFCU (1 day) - but this just started about a year ago. It use to be “pending” one day early and I always called on pending day and asked if it could be released, and the answer was always yes! And this is for my SS. I’m semi-retired and work PT. My paycheck is available 2 days early.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 55 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
NFCU (1 day) - but this just started about a year ago. It use to be “pending” one day early and I always called on pending day and asked if it could be released, and the answer was always yes! And this is for my SS. I’m semi-retired and work PT. My paycheck is available 2 days early.

Last time I tested it, NFCU did NOT give early direct deposit.

I will retest it, but I'm not going to include NFCU on the list if one has to jump through hoops to get it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 56 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Last time I tested it, NFCU did NOT give early direct deposit.

I will retest it, but I'm not going to include NFCU on the list if one has to jump through hoops to get it.

You have to call them when you notice it pending and ask them to release it. Do that twice and from that point forward it should be done automatically. No idea why they don’t just do it without you having to request it but at least it’s an option.  

Message 57 of 114
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Banks:

1. Chime Bank (2 day) (courtesy @creditfan)

2.  Woodforest National Bank (2 day) (courtesy @GentMAB)

Woodforest always credited my paychecks 1 day early not 2.  With that said however what I noticed was that it seems like they make the funds available as soon as they have notification it is coming from the Fed.   As an example  my tax returns were always available 3-4 days before the IRS told me they would be.   i.e. The IRS says says the DD will be on 3/5 but Woodforest would make it available to me on 3/2.

So unofficially I would say Woodforest makes it available as soon as they know it is coming. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 58 of 114
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

So is this the final list?

other than navy federal do any of these credit unions have zelle?

also langley is trash. They give you a checking account based on your credit score. And their membership join is a hard pull.

who does that?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 59 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of CUs require a HP to join. In fact NFCU was one of them until early last year. 

Most CUs don’t participate in Zelle and instead offer ACH, Pop Money, or some other service because Zelle fees are paid by the financial institution and can’t be passed to the customer. I don’t believe any of the CUs in the everyone can join list on the first page have Zelle. 

Message 60 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.