Did you mean: 

Credit unions with early direct deposit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit unions with early direct deposit

@Gmood1 wrote:

MnB can I be your step son so I can join Baxter?😜
I'm sure USAA has been mentioned. I didn't read the entire thread.
What they do that I've not experienced anywhere else, is USAA allows you to pull from other banks instantly. I requested a $5,000 pull from another outside bank account. USAA allowed me access instantly.
There was no 3 to 5 day wait inorder to utilize the funds. None of the 20 plus banks or credit unions I've dealt with do this.
This is a ACH transfer. Not a 3rd party company like Zelle.

Confirm what Gmood1 said. USAA gives me two day early deposit on my direct deposits and the other points in his post.

Message 61 of 114
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Yes USAA is #1 when it comes to transfers as they have Zelle AND they allow you to pull from your linked banks instantly. 

That alone is why USAA is tops in my book.

They give 1 day DD for me though. Is there something I need to do in order to get the 2 day DD?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 62 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thread. Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

MnB can I be your step son so I can join Baxter?😜
I'm sure USAA has been mentioned. I didn't read the entire thread.
What they do that I've not experienced anywhere else, is USAA allows you to pull from other banks instantly. I requested a $5,000 pull from another outside bank account. USAA allowed me access instantly.
There was no 3 to 5 day wait inorder to utilize the funds. None of the 20 plus banks or credit unions I've dealt with do this.
This is a ACH transfer. Not a 3rd party company like Zelle.

Confirm what Gmood1 said. USAA gives me two day early deposit on my direct deposits and the other points in his post.

I did not know about this feature of USAA. It also allows to move money out of Credit Cards, PLOC from other institutions & makes it available instantly. WOW ZAAAAAAAA.

Thanks so much.

Message 64 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Teachers Federal Credit Union (Smithtown NY) has early direct deposit. I believe it's 2 days early.

On further testing, it didn't stand up. Must have been a fluke the first time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 65 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Yes USAA is #1 when it comes to transfers as they have Zelle AND they allow you to pull from your linked banks instantly. 

That alone is why USAA is tops in my book.

They give 1 day DD for me though. Is there something I need to do in order to get the 2 day DD?

It may depend on your employer and/or payroll processor. DCU is listed as 2 days early but I've always got mine just 1 day early, I work for the local county government. And interestingly I'm currently doing a bank SUB with Wells Fargo and have my payroll split between DCU & WF, my DD is credited 1 day early at DCU but the other part doesn't get credited to WF until the next day.

Message 66 of 114
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

RBFCU - Early direct deposit now available.

Edit - I just noticed there is a thread about credit unions with early direct deposit. Feel free to move this post there.

Dear Member,

Beginning June 16, 2019, members enrolled in direct deposits through RBFCU will have access to their Automated Clearing House (ACH) funds earlier than before. ACH transactions eligible for early pay include payroll, retirement, Social Security and other credits deposited into your RBFCU accounts. Additionally, all ACH credits will be posted the same day we receive them. Your ACH credits will be posted by the effective date of the ACH.

With this early pay feature, you can enjoy these great benefits:

•  Faster access to your cash - The money is deposited into your account and ready to use a day before payday.

•  No lost checks - You don't have to be concerned about your check being lost or stolen.

•  More control of your money - With the money available up to a day early, you can budget better.

We are pleased to offer you this new, faster way to access your money. Please contact our Remote Member Service center at 1-800-580-3300 if you have any questions. 

Message 67 of 114
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Another Millenial Online bank that offers early DD is Empower.  It is better than Chime in my humble opinion because it also gives 2 percent back on Debit Card Swipes and relatively high rate for savings (as opposed to Chime which doesn't pay interest on savings).

I get paid on Friday.  Empower and Chime both would hit anywhere from 4:00 pm on Wednesday to 11:00 am on Thursday... I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason except that perhaps it is tied to when my employer pushes out the payroll batch?

Anyway, Empower is decent alternative to Chime if a) you don't need a website and b) you don't need brick and mortar branches.

Cheers.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 68 of 114
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: RBFCU - Early direct deposit now available.

Thanks, good information! Wish I qualified!
Message 69 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union does this, we get our check stubs on Thursdays.

I have the money in my account Monday afternoon, 3 days before I even get the physical paycheck stub.

Message 70 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.