Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crypto Currency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crypto Currency

Is it okay to invest in BTC, LTC, and ETH?

Has anyone got success?

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Crypto Currency

I'm a gold and silver man myself.  IMHO Crypto Currency isn't worth the paper it is written on.

I would help look for a cut though

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may get more luck in getting people to respond if you ask a moderator to move this thread to the Personal Finance board.  Let me know if you'd like me to ask a mod to help with that.

Message 3 of 70
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You may get more luck in getting people to respond if you ask a moderator to move this thread to the Personal Finance board.  Let me know if you'd like me to ask a mod to help with that.

Grin was right to move it anyway. 

        
Message 4 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it okay to invest in BTC, LTC, and ETH?

Has anyone got success?

Not sure "Invest" is what I would call it (at least at this stage)

I am a "no coiner", but I stick to dividend issuing stocks and physical assets.

Been burned in the past by "investing" in ideas, startups with no dividend and little real assets.  They can fly high, but it doesn't take much for them to also pink sheet.  When not much exists but an idea, a better idea may be right around the corner or you may not be able to achieve the initial plan when it comes to feet on the ground action.  Bitcoin's plan was to replace state issued fiat IIRC.  I have little confidence that will occur.

Message 5 of 70
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Well, you can make MAJOR money on crypto but you HAVE to know what you are doing. 

Recently we had Etheremon and some people made 20K+ USD on that. On individual made over 250k usd.  I only had a little to invest but, I made my money back in full and then about $100. Not much, but it made more than all of my mining rigs combined that day. 

I mine Eth + Sia and right now mine and my roomates rigs bring in over $2200 USD monthly (non taxed , well, at least on coinbase the reporting limit is 20k yearly) . The rigs are fully paid off, they were bought may/june 2017. So now, its free passive income with the only recurring cost being power which cost eash of us roughly an additional $100 a month. I mined Dogecoin and LTC in 2013 but lost it all, right now what I would have had would have been worth 20k or so. Im not making that mistake now. 

You can make a LOT more investing in the right crypto, the real money is in alt coins (ripple, sia, etc...) becuase they have such a great fluctuation in price. Buy $1000 worth one day and it could easily be worth $1500 the next. 

I am more of a sure thing type of guy, and dont normally mess around on the crypto market but it is very clear, crypto is not dying, it is only getting much stronger. A few months ago Eth was at $200, recently it hit $800. 

Its like the stock market but much more volatile and with a lot more risk. You even have to be careful about which crypto exchange you buy at as some go down frequently or even halt trading. All I can say is, bitcoin is not what you want to invest in if you want to make moeny, the real money is in the Alts. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 6 of 70
iced
Valued Contributor

Crypto currency is better described as gambling than investing at present. With the right luck and timing, one can make money but one can lose just as fast.

A few lucky individuals will make enough off of it to retire, but most wont. If you’re looking for a long term investment strategy, look elsewhere. Theres just too much volatility. You’ll have to watch your investments in it very closely - prices change wildly even hour to hour.

Had I dropped $100k in bitcoin last week, I’d already be down $25k. Not to say I won’t  be up $50k next week, but that just shows how it’s too unstable to leave money in for long term. 

Message 7 of 70
marty56
Super Contributor

LIke many things, getting involved early give you an advantage over latecomers.  Hopefuly those who invest in it won't wind up on a future episode of  American Greed.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get a lot of info on reddit about this. Today i learnt about moving my crypto money to a personal cold storage to avoid hacks or coinbase shenangians etc. I didnt know this. Redditors taught me. Many redditors are telling me that BCH wont scale as its centralized , they support BTC ,ETH and LTC big time. I guess what i am doing is ,investing some small amount and holding it as it may grow. And ride the ups and down and try making profit when I can. Investing in small amounts wouldnt hurt. Btw they are talking about yet another fork of bitcoin coming soon. You can buy fraction of BTC, ETH etc on coinbase. But on reddit they advise ,first depositing money into USD wallet on coinbase and using the same login to get in to GDAX and there buying BTC, ETH etc for fee free upto certain limit. Coinbase fees are high. 

Message 9 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of hateraide in this thread.

25552386_1969753489708543_1867138409674663924_n.jpg

Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.