Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crypto Currency

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Crypto Currency

@Anonymous wrote:

Money printing or increasing the supply has been going on well before trump. When Nixon took us off gold standard in 1971, the was the start of the decline. 

Getting OT, but moving off the gold standard was both necessary and inevitable. In our modern global society, Gresham’s Law would have laid waste to any markets who continued to base currency on precious metal.

Message 61 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably.  

Message 62 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently, I'm at a loss.

Don't know how long will it take to hike again in price.

Message 63 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great day for those who believe in crypto currenies.  They are on sale at drastic discounts.  

Message 64 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As of now i am very much enjoying being involved in cryptocurrency investments. Its very volatile lol! I have made an account in Binance and downloaded an app called delta and have subscribded to the subreddits of currencies i have invested in. There is a TON of potential if a currency and the technology behind it does good. And its amazing to learn how each different currency attends to a unique  demand.  I have researched in the last month bunch of currencies and have invested in ICX ,ENG, REQ,XLM etc. The younger the currency is there is a chance to make more profit in the long term assuming technology behind it is solid. For example if a token is at 0.05 cents against $ if i purchase say 20000 tokens for 1000$ even of one token goes to 1$ i make 20000$ profit. Its important to research the team and technology before investing and its important to avoid day trading. Delta app is cryoto portfolio that shows profit and losses as the currency value goes up and down. Its pretty wild west outhere with a lot of scope of profit and loss ,therefore invest only what you can afford to loose. I bought ETH in early december and its already doubled. Last year one ETH was 11$ , when i bought it was 715$ and now its 1400$. The whole blockchain send money to addresses etc are pretty cool , can be viewed by anyone on block explorers and stuff.  I feel we might be witnessing the beginning of something huge here. The more deep you go in to each currency you learn there is a unique purpose for which it is designed.   Its a vast new field .

Btw here is a post of advice from someone who made over 500k profit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7pgh7u/ive_made_over_500k_in_crypto_here_are_some_good/

You haven't invested in anything.  You are buying currency in order to make profit.  That shows exactly why things are going to end badly.  You aren't buying it to use the currency. Look what Munger and Warren Buffet just said about it.  But whatever it is your money throw it away if you want.  A friend of mine are starting a currency hopefully to separate some fools and their money before the whole thing crashes. 

OK. Thank you for your 'opinion'. I have invested for my own reasons and i am pleased about it.

Are you still pleased about it?  

Message 65 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Overstock accepts bitcoin, so does newegg. Tons of Non profits accept it. You can buy tons of stuff with it. Must be nice to have Warren Buffet do your thinking for you. Amazon is bubble, are you high? Show me a website that doesn't use aws. They are taking over the world. As far as value of bitcoin its fluctuating but to say its not of value I disagree with. But there are a lot of incorrect statements being made about spending crypto and just regurgitated negative sentiment by its authors own admitting comes from Warren buffet and tycoons invested in big banks. I agree with Deepkc.

Amazon and Bitcoin are crashing.  

Message 66 of 70
SBR249
Established Contributor

Not to pile on cryptos (because I do still believe that blockchain technology is a potentially revolutionary technology with useful applications) but over the past year or two one of the most attractive and highly touted features of BTC, namely the hardcoded quantity cap, has been shown to be somewhat naive in retrospect given the torrent of ICOs and the hardforking of BTC blockchain.

Message 67 of 70
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Overstock accepts bitcoin, so does newegg. Tons of Non profits accept it. You can buy tons of stuff with it. Must be nice to have Warren Buffet do your thinking for you. Amazon is bubble, are you high? Show me a website that doesn't use aws. They are taking over the world. As far as value of bitcoin its fluctuating but to say its not of value I disagree with. But there are a lot of incorrect statements being made about spending crypto and just regurgitated negative sentiment by its authors own admitting comes from Warren buffet and tycoons invested in big banks. I agree with Deepkc.

Amazon and Bitcoin are crashing.  

I see this is an old thread, and Shenron may still not be reading, but...

A non-profit has nothing to risk by accepting a bitcoin donation from someone who would otherwise not make a donation. Even if it ends up paying high fees to liquidate bitcoins, or keeps the bitcoins and they fall in value, it's still a donation the non-profit would not otherwise have received.

While not a great thing for society overall, it is nevertheless true that for many non-profits, fundraising is a higher priority than operating efficiency.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 68 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bitcoin no, alt coins yes, however, as stated above you HAVE to know what you're doing and keep up with the market. Its no sitting the money there, then checking back on its growth next month. You have to be active in the exchanges, its a lot of work imho. I feel someone could put that same energy in other investment products with more stable results. I'm no coin man just had an early exposure to losses and learned a hard lesson about bitcoin. 

Message 69 of 70
Late2theGame
New Contributor

Crypto Currency is not only not backed by anything, which is a fact, (edit: it is not backed by the efforts of mining it, but rather the FUTURE efforts of those mining, and since the future is not known this means bupkis) it's still relatively new (relative to the history of currency and the speed of both soft/hard technology and regulation). It is a investment, though so high risk imo that calling it a gamble better describes the risk to reward. I am not hating on crypto currency, and yes in truth I have chosen never to invest in it, but you don't have to invest in something before you know the potential risk and reward. In fact, it's preferable that you have some reasonable idea what the risk to reward ratio is prior to investing, otherwise it's not called investing, it's called foolish.

Again, I am not hating on it, but I do believe it is high-risk with a potential high loss or high reward. And in regards to anybody who says otherwise I would caution:

There is no such thing as a free lunch, there is (edit: not) a guaranteed high speed high return payout. Nothing comes without risk, and as a general rule of thumb, the higher and faster the payout, the higher risk. And the law of probability suggests that anyone who tries to tell you that a high and fast return is (edit: guaranteed) is either caught up in a Ponzi scheme unaware, or running one.

So that being said, if you choose to invest, don't invest anything you can't afford to lose, and be diverified. Watch your investment closely and often. And just know that even at the hint of new restrictive regulation the market will fluctuate. At the onset of a sophisticated or large enough scale of cyber attack, the market will fluctuate. You will need to be prepared to make the decision to ride it out, dump more in, or cut your losses. This takes a special type of character, one I am not personally willing to develop.

Starting Score: EQ:791 | TU:785 | EX:781
Current Score: EQ:791 | TU:785 | EX:781
Goal Score: EQ:800 | TU:800 | EX:800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.