cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU - $150 direct deposit promotion payout!

tag
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

DCU - $150 direct deposit promotion payout!

So, I just noticed the balance in my DCU savings was more than I expected.

dcu-deposit.PNG

Shh... Don't tell them that I don't actually DD into that account, I just transfer the exact same amount from PenFed twice a month to pay on the auto loan.

According to my notes, I joined DCU in October of 2017. I don't know why this just happened now.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DCU - $150 direct deposit promotion payout!

Congratulations on your promo 💰!
Message 2 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:

So, I just noticed the balance in my DCU savings was more than I expected.

Shh... Don't tell them that I don't actually DD into that account, I just transfer the exact same amount from PenFed twice a month to pay on the auto loan.

According to my notes, I joined DCU in October of 2017. I don't know why this just happened now.

Well, I would call in, demand to speak with a Supervisor, and demand a full explanation!!! Smiley LOL

Very strange, I also joined in Oct. 2017 and actually do have a real direct deposit, partial payroll DD. Did you not get the 1/2% discount on your car loan for "relationship status" which includes a DD & paying the loan from a DCU account? I've considered moving my DD, but decided it's actually more convenient for me to have enough of my payroll to cover the loan payment going there automatically.

Message 3 of 5
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Very strange, I also joined in Oct. 2017 and actually do have a real direct deposit, partial payroll DD. Did you not get the 1/2% discount on your car loan for "relationship status" which includes a DD & paying the loan from a DCU account? I've considered moving my DD, but decided it's actually more convenient for me to have enough of my payroll to cover the loan payment going there automatically.

They make it quite difficult to find the place where it would tell you if you have relationship status(or, it's invisible if you don't have it, because I can't find it!). I don't think that I am receiving the discount, but at the rate I'm paying, I don't really care!

I've not made DCU my main account due to the $5 outbound ACH fee.

I was recently approved for membership with Alliant(only opened savings so far), and will re-evaluate my banking some time this year.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 4 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

where did you get the offer from? is the point that you didn't apply for it at all?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.