Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Account Application Donation Question

tag
Enyx
Valued Member

DCU Account Application Donation Question

Greetings.

Sorry if this the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post things DCU related (also my threads tags are wrong).

My son is trying to signup for DCU. However he does not have a bank account or any credit/debt cards in his name. I cannot make the $5 deposit to his savings on his behalf (the card funding the savings account must match the application). When I joined long ago I used a Privacy card and it worked fine, however that doesn't work anymore (rejects).

Any idea how to get the $5 in to the savings account to open the DCU Account if he doesn't have any other bank/cards? Seems a bit confusing for someone who doesn't have a bank, and is applying to DCU for that exact purpose.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU Account Application Donation Question

@Enyx,

I've moved your thread to the Personal Finance section of the forums to provide better exposure to your DCU question. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Account Application Donation Question

Did you call them and ask? 

DCU has shared branching so he can go in and make a deposit that way. 

http://www.co-opsharedbranch.org/

ACH push might be an option too but I don't know their rules on that. 

They also have their DCU member to DCU member transfer service but I haven't used it. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.