Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Approval...But chex issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Approval...But chex issue

Holy Moly I need help!... I have no idea if this is the right place to post but I'm so fricken frustrated so please move if needed...So, I was approved for both a 10K CC (my highest EVER) and a 42K Auto loan from DCU (YAY). I don't currently have an account with them but didn't think that would be an issue as I was unaware that I had any previous banking issues.

So, I applied for a savings account and It turns out that I apparently had an account that I closed (or at least I believed I closed) reported to Chexsystems... That's not the problem though, I cleared the debt, the other bank reported and wrote a letter to DCU. I was told to apply again, denied, apparently Chexsystems wasn't clear. Wait a week, the former bank confirmed that Chexsystem was clear, was told to reapply for DCU account, DENIED... This time because they "could verify information"! What the hell is going on and what am I doing wrong?

I was told I would have a letter sent but not sure what is on it... I am frustrated that I am leaving this money on the table... Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU Approval...But chex issue

@Anonymous I moved your thread to personal finance as has to deal with Chexs issues.  I also slightly edited your title as approved for CC/Auto loan, but can't get membership to said CU due to chex's causing denial of cc/auto loan.  Alot of people have "lovely" times with chexs

Message 2 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I read your other thread did you decide not to go with USAA?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity Thanks... Wasn't sure if it was in the right place...

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom So, the short answer is yes, I am using USAA. The long answer is, I am buying a car out of state so the contract is in the mail. I was approved for the loan through DCU at the same time with a WAY better interest rate, but of course, I am having the Chex issue. So, since I am in a partial delay, and haven't fully "bought" the car, I still have options for the loan. And honestly, it may be the credit card that I'm mad about more. I have never had a problem before and it's irritating, to say the least. 

Message 5 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes I don't blame you , I would be upset as well.

I have banking accounts with DCU but had major issues with ID verfication when trying to add my DH to my accounts.  I got beyond frustrated with them and now keep a total of 12.79 in my accounts. i had my DD going to them but quickly stopped that, it's been dormant for months.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I expect for validation? I uploaded my DL but it has a different address because I recently moved. The rep couldn't answer only saying that I would get a letter. 

Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

What should I expect for validation? I uploaded my DL but it has a different address because I recently moved. The rep couldn't answer only saying that I would get a letter. 

You might consider getting the address on your ID updated sooner rather than later... we've seen people have problems before when verification was taking place and their ID didn't have the correct address.

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might consider getting the address on your ID updated sooner rather than later... we've seen people have problems before when verification was taking place and their ID didn't have the correct address.

Also to add Chex goes off LN info and if you address is incorrect it causes issues as well as LN pulls for the DMV, etc.  Ask me how i know smh.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with all that being said, what if I re-applied with the address that is on my DL? I can still get mail at that address as I live right down the street currently. I could then change it after opening the account. I don’t want to get a new DL because I and moving again in July. Ugh... one of the infinite hassles being military causes...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.