cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

tag
yourficouser
Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

DW has AZEO.... It is much easier to have her at AZEO as we don't really use her cards organically, so we just charge a nominal amount to one of them monthly and call it a day.

I hope that you use each of her cards once every six months, as a strategy to prevent them from being closed due to inactivity.

Thanks. Unfortunately, she only has two current cards open - a store card and a regular credit card.

We are trying to use the store card once a year to keep if from being closed due to inactivity. It is not a store that she shops at very often these days, unfortunately (clothing store).

FWIW, DW was out of the country for 3 years and didn't use any of her cards and they all stayed open. But we are certainly not expecting that to happen again, just thought I'd share the datapoint.

Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yourficouser wrote:

FWIW, DW was out of the country for 3 years and didn't use any of her cards and they all stayed open. But we are certainly not expecting that to happen again, just thought I'd share the datapoint.

Could you post that here?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-cards-closed-due-to-inactivity/td-p/53...

Message 22 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yourficouser wrote:

Could you post that here?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-cards-closed-due-to-inactivity/td-p/5394950

Done

Message 23 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

BTW, anyone willing to refer me to DCU?

If I am reading this correctly:

https://www.dcu.org/whats-new/memberreferral.html

it seems there is still a referral program. 

Easiest way to meet seems to be to join and perform 5 P2P transfers (which I am assuming should be able to be done from savings, although I realize the monthly limit for savings withdrawals is only 6...). You get $10 and I would get $20.

Thanks so much!

Message 24 of 56
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Sure, I'll give you a referral, PM sent.

Message 25 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

FWIW, application & supplemental documents submitted.

Equifax's TrustedID lists a soft inquiry from ND-DIGITAL FEDERAL CRED.

Message 26 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I just received a message that my membership is approved. It appears that I need a PIN to establish an online banking account (per this video https://www.dcu.org/videos/online-banking-login-video.html ). However, as I only created a Savings account, there was no PIN number selected or provided in the application. Is this something that I will receive by snail mail? If not, is there something specific that I should use as my initial password for Online Banking?

Thank you so much!

Message 27 of 56
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Do you mean a PIN for a debit card? They don't give debit cards for saving accounts.
Message 28 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:
Do you mean a PIN for a debit card? They don't give debit cards for saving accounts.

What I mean is that I have a member number but no password to log into online banking. Is there something standard that I should use as my login password for online banking? Or will I receive my initial password via snail mail?

I'm trying to set up online banking but don't have anything to use as my first login password.

Thanks so much!

Message 29 of 56
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Click "I can't access my account" and they'll text you a temp password
Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.