cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

tag
yourficouser
Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

@Gmood1 wrote:
Thank you, yes I entered the last four digits of my social in the password section. The CSR did mention it may not work for everyone.

I see. Thank you so much for your rapid reply and for letting me that it may not work for everyone.

Message 41 of 56
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@yourficouser wrote

@Gmood1 wrote:
Thank you, yes I entered the last four digits of my social in the password section. The CSR did mention it may not work for everyone.

I see. Thank you so much for your rapid reply and for letting me that it may not work for everyone.

I went thru this today about the mysterious PIN situation with DCU. I called and asked "PIN What PIN"? The CSR was very friendly and said they snail mail them or we can just call and get a temporary pin so we can log on for the first time. I was sent a text message with a temporary code and  the CSR coached me thru the login process.  

I'm a happy camper now.............

Message 42 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

@WowCool wrote:

@yourficouser wrote

@Gmood1 wrote:

I went thru this today about the mysterious PIN situation with DCU. I called and asked "PIN What PIN"? The CSR was very friendly and said they snail mail them or we can just call and get a temporary pin so we can log on for the first time. I was sent a text message with a temporary code and  the CSR coached me thru the login process.  

I'm a happy camper now.............

Thanks so much for sharing your experience that one can call in to get the PIN before one receives the snail mail letter.

Message 43 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

FWIW, I had asked DCU via email about hard vs soft credit inquiry on application some time ago, and received some inconsistent replies. I had asked them to clarify, and received the following response today:

"Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for any confusion on our part. There were changes earlier this year in regards to credit pulls and new memberships, I'll be happy to clarify.

After confirming a supervisor, I was able verify that there is no longer a hard credit pull when opening a DCU membership, whether it be just a Primary Savings or a Primary Savings and a checking account together. A hard pull of credit will be performed for loan applications, which includes credit cards.

To clarify a bit further, Chexsystems isn't directly tied to your credit file, but is rather a historical view of any activity you may have had with other financial institutions, but can also include lenders.

I hope this further information helps.

Thank you for contacting DCU, we hope you have a great day!"

Message 44 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

Just FYI, although my spouse is able to see his FICO 5 score via DCU, I am not. My understanding per DCU customer service is that this is because I have not had an active loan in 6 months (have revolving accounts on my Equifax but no open installment accounts in the past 6 months). Just wondering - is not being able to get one's EQ FICO 5 via DCU if no open installment accounts for past 6 months other people's experience also? 

Thank you!

Message 45 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

Wanted to bump my question - anyone with NO open installment loans for the past 6 months able to get their EQ FICO 5 from DCU?

I am asking as I am not able to get mine, and I am told the above is the reason. Thank you!

Message 46 of 56
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I get the FICO score with one active DCU credit card.
Message 47 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Just to clarify, you have no active installment loans at all (not just from DCU) within the past 6 months and still get the EQ FICO 5 credit score from DCU? I ask as my understanding is that I am not getting one because I have no active installment loans at all in the past 6 months, not just from DCU.

Thank you.

Message 48 of 56
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I do have installment loans from other lenders. I don't understand how that would be a factor in them giving you the free Fico score? Something doesn't add up. Did a CSR tell you that?
Message 49 of 56
yourficouser
Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I do have installment loans from other lenders. I don't understand how that would be a factor in them giving you the free Fico score? Something doesn't add up. Did a CSR tell you that?

Thank you for clarifying that you do have installment loans from other lenders.

My inbox message from DCU re my credit score says (emphasis added in bold):

"Thank you for your interest in DCU's Free FICO Score. Unfortunately, Equifax was unable to verify the required information necessary to provide a credit score for you.

There are a few reasons this may have happened. The first thing to do is to verify that your personal information (name and address) are listed correctly in Online Banking. Has that information recently changed? Another reason is that you have not had a loan that has been reported to the credit bureau for at least six months.

If neither of these scenarios applies to you or you feel you've received this message in error, please contact us at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797."

I contacted a CSR to make sure my name and address match those on my Equifax credit report and they do. I also mentioned that I have several credit cards but no installment loans and they said this is why they cannot get a score for me. My husband who does have an active installment loan is able to get his EQ FICO 5 via DCU.

Any suggestions?

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.