cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?


@DaveInAZ wrote:
Click "I can't access my account" and they'll text you a temp password

Thanks, when I do this using both numbers I entered on my application, I get:

 

"The Member Number and/or phone number you entered does not match our records. Try again."

 

Perhaps my account is not fully created yet, I'll give it until early next week and try again?

 

EDIT: Per this page https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/new-member/PIN.html , it appears that I may need to wait until I get the account welcome snail mail letter from them:

 

"What do I need a PIN for?
You need your DCU PIN for the following:

 

...

 

To access your accounts via Online Banking for the first time. You will be prompted to create a unique password for Online Banking upon your first log on.

 

When will I receive my PIN?
You should receive your PIN within seven days after you join DCU."

Message 31 of 55
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

Hmmm, I don't remember having to wait for a snail mail /pin, but it's been over a year ago, and I was doing a car loan with them on account opening.

Fico 08: 720/721/719 TU/EX/EQ
Message 32 of 55
Valued Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

I see. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

EDIT: Looks like they have a thorough description of the mailings: https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/new-member/receive.html

 

The second mailing is the PIN.

Message 33 of 55
Established Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

 

They mail you the membership card and then want to create a login account.

 

Dont expect an email with a membership # .

 

The best time for a credit card app is when you have membership opened? only after its opened.  

Message 34 of 55
Valued Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?


@maharshi wrote:

 

They mail you the membership card and then want to create a login account.

 

Dont expect an email with a membership # .

 

The best time for a credit card app is when you have membership opened? only after its opened.  


Thanks for sharing your experience.

 

FWIW, I had messaged them using the document uploading interface after I uploaded all my documents, and they replied with my a generic message including my membership #.

Message 35 of 55
New Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

This is good to know. DCU is on my app list, but I have been fearful to apply for proof of ID/Address reasons.

I am coming off a long stint of cash only so my DL has a P.O. Box only, my credit reports only list my P.O. Box, my phone is prepaid, I live in an RV park, and I have no utilities in my name.

I had to renew my DL this year, but because of work I had to do it online. It had a place to list mailing and residential address, I am hoping they listed both. We will see when it comes in the mail.

As far as chexsystems goes, shouldn't be a problem, I don't use checks (edit: also shouldn't have any other negative banking information on it). I don't need another go from the big 3 though as I am gardening atm.

























Days until next spade:

Est. Days Until (EQ TU EX) Scores Exceed Goals:

Oldest 12M Inquiry:09/02/18
Most Recent Inquiry: 11/15/18
Message 36 of 55
Valued Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?


@Late2theGame wrote:
This is good to know. DCU is on my app list, but I have been fearful to apply for proof of ID/Address reasons.

I am coming off a long stint of cash only so my DL has a P.O. Box only, my credit reports only list my P.O. Box, my phone is prepaid, I live in an RV park, and I have no utilities in my name.

I had to renew my DL this year, but because of work I had to do it online. It had a place to list mailing and residential address, I am hoping they listed both. We will see when it comes in the mail.

As far as chexsystems goes, shouldn't be a problem, I don't use checks (edit: also shouldn't have any other negative banking information on it). I don't need another go from the big 3 though as I am gardening atm.

Yes, sounds like address verification might be difficult if your new address is not listed on the new driver's license (fingers crossed).

 

Here is what DCU wanted after I submitted my application:

 

"Items We Need to Complete Your Account Application

 

Thank you for your recent DCU Account Application.

 

To help us with your request, please upload a clear copy of your driver's license or passport. We require the same for any joint owner on your application.

 

If you are uploading a copy of your passport, or if your current address is not on your license, please also upload a copy of the most recent one of these:

 

Gas, electric, or water bill
Home phone or cell phone bill
Pay stub
Property tax bill

 

If your Social Security Number was issued after June 2011, we will also require you to upload a copy of your Social Security card.

 

Follow this link to upload your documents:

Account Applications

 

Acceptable file formats include:
.pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .png

 

DO NOT reply and attach documents to this email. Email is not secure.

 

Once we receive your documents and the approval process is complete, we will open your account(s) and your DCU membership in two business days or less. We'll notify you by email as soon as your membership is approved.

 

If you have any questions, please contact us at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797 (weekdays from 8:00am to 9:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 3:00pm, Eastern Time).

 

Thank you,
DCU Account Services


Please note the following:

Documents submitted must not be more than 3 months old.
Lease agreements or credit card statements cannot be accepted for address verification.
DCU reserves the right to request additional identification.
Applications submitted for review expire after 60 days."

Message 37 of 55
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

I went a head and finished my application last night and submitted it.The application had been sitting idle for almost two weeks incomplete. Early this morning I recieved the welcome letter with members number.

I called in and found out I could enter the last four digits of my SS# in order to get the account rolling, instead of waiting for that white envelope snail mail. lol

I also sent them a message when I submitted my proof of residence, stating they could cancel the CC portion of the membership. I guess they ignored it and gave me the CC anyway. Oh well, maybe I can build a relationship with them, like my other lenders. 

No HP for the CC by the way. $5000 at 11.5 % APR. Also set up the transfer for $1000 to get the most out of the account.

 

DCU approval.png

 

 

 

 

Message 38 of 55
Valued Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?


@Gmood1 wrote:

I went a head and finished my application last night and submitted it.The application had been sitting idle for almost two weeks incomplete. Early this morning I recieved the welcome letter with members number.

I called in and found out I could enter the last four digits of my SS# in order to get the account rolling, instead of waiting for that white envelope snail mail. lol

I also sent them a message when I submitted my proof of residence, stating they could cancel the CC portion of the membership. I guess they ignored it and gave me the CC anyway. Oh well, maybe I can build a relationship with them, like my other lenders. 

No HP for the CC by the way. $5000 at 11.5 % APR. Also set up the transfer for $1000 to get the most out of the account.

 

DCU approval.png

 

 

 

 


Thanks for sharing your experience with account opening, and congrats on the CC with no hard pull.

 

Just to understand - you simply entered your membership # and then the last 4 digits of your SSN on the Online Banking Login page and it let you in? If so, I tried it and it didn't work for me Smiley Sad , so I guess I'll wait for the snail mail letter (I'm not in a huge rush, though).

Message 39 of 55
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

Thank you, yes I entered the last four digits of my social in the password section. The CSR did mention it may not work for everyone.
Message 40 of 55