cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

Established Member

Re: DCU Free Checking - no hard credit pull & free EQ mortgage FICO?

@Gmood1 wrote:
Thank you, yes I entered the last four digits of my social in the password section. The CSR did mention it may not work for everyone.

I see. Thank you so much for your rapid reply and for letting me that it may not work for everyone.

Message 41 of 45
Contributor

@yourficouser wrote

@Gmood1 wrote:
Thank you, yes I entered the last four digits of my social in the password section. The CSR did mention it may not work for everyone.

I see. Thank you so much for your rapid reply and for letting me that it may not work for everyone.

I went thru this today about the mysterious PIN situation with DCU. I called and asked "PIN What PIN"? The CSR was very friendly and said they snail mail them or we can just call and get a temporary pin so we can log on for the first time. I was sent a text message with a temporary code and  the CSR coached me thru the login process.  

I'm a happy camper now.............

Message 42 of 45
Established Member

@WowCool wrote:

@yourficouser wrote

@Gmood1 wrote:

I went thru this today about the mysterious PIN situation with DCU. I called and asked "PIN What PIN"? The CSR was very friendly and said they snail mail them or we can just call and get a temporary pin so we can log on for the first time. I was sent a text message with a temporary code and  the CSR coached me thru the login process.  

I'm a happy camper now.............

Thanks so much for sharing your experience that one can call in to get the PIN before one receives the snail mail letter.

Message 43 of 45
Established Member

FWIW, I had asked DCU via email about hard vs soft credit inquiry on application some time ago, and received some inconsistent replies. I had asked them to clarify, and received the following response today:

"Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for any confusion on our part. There were changes earlier this year in regards to credit pulls and new memberships, I'll be happy to clarify.

After confirming a supervisor, I was able verify that there is no longer a hard credit pull when opening a DCU membership, whether it be just a Primary Savings or a Primary Savings and a checking account together. A hard pull of credit will be performed for loan applications, which includes credit cards.

To clarify a bit further, Chexsystems isn't directly tied to your credit file, but is rather a historical view of any activity you may have had with other financial institutions, but can also include lenders.

I hope this further information helps.

Thank you for contacting DCU, we hope you have a great day!"

Message 44 of 45
Established Member

Just FYI, although my spouse is able to see his FICO 5 score via DCU, I am not. My understanding per DCU customer service is that this is because I have not had an active loan in 6 months (have revolving accounts on my Equifax but no open installment accounts in the past 6 months). Just wondering - is not being able to get one's EQ FICO 5 via DCU if no open installment accounts for past 6 months other people's experience also? 

Thank you!

Message 45 of 45