Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Membership requirement question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Membership requirement question

Hey guys!! I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row before I attempt a membership and car loan with DCU. The last few months I have been aggressively repairing my credit, and I don't wanna waste any hard pulls. I've got my my Equifax over 650, and Im waiting for my last collection to be removed. It should fall off within in the next 30 days. I only have 4 negative indicators now: 3 are are charge offs over 4 years old totaling less then $2000, the other is a 30 day late on a capital one card from 6 months ago! My utilization is less than 5%, AOAA 4 years,payment history good.
Now I've search the forum extensively but I haven't found an answer to my question.
From anyone's experience will the 30 day late prevent me from getting a membership?

Also would that late prevent me from a car loan assuming my score breaks the minimal score threshold?

I have a clean chexsystem report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Membership requirement question

You're in a better shape then I was when I got my used car auto loan from them. My scores were around 630s with 3 charge offs, medical collections, and lates. This was prior to me repairing my report at all (in December 2015). When I was repairing in December 2015, my scores were only in the 650s. I think you have a good chance to get an auto loan with them. 

For me, I only borrowed $7K for a $10K car and my rates was only 4.39. With DCU, after every quarter of paying on-time, they reduce the rate by .25 with a max of 1.5%. I'm at 3.7 with them now. Apparently paid a payment late by 2 days but it was never reported to the CRAs.

Also if you never have a dcu membership, they'll do 2 HP. One to open a checking and another for loan.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Membership requirement question

I just received my Chexsystems report. It shows nothing expect NSF activity in 2011. Can I get approved with this on my report?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.