Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Preapproved offers

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

DCU Preapproved offers

I have been a member since 2015 usually nothing is there. I just checked the loan suite and im Preapproved for all products lowest APR. I don't need anything right now i know AJC is curious im passing on the 10K Platinum card offer. The rewards are a joke i can't do lol. Never had any products with them guys check your loan suite incase lol. I forgot to add it has the prescreen Opt out language.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: DCU Preapproved offers

@bigpoppa09 

Darn you made me look,  still sporting that 1K loan at 22%😂😂😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@bigpoppa09 

Same here, only that $1k loan at 22%. Tempting, but Uncle Guido the loan shark has slightly better rates, just a little rough on the fingers if you're late. Smiley Wink

And I'm fine with that, their CCs are pretty mediocre, my car loan & $1k savings accounts is all I want from them.

Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@bigpoppa09 

Same here, only that $1k loan at 22%. Tempting, but Uncle Guido the loan shark has slightly better rates, just a little rough on the fingers if you're late. Smiley Wink

And I'm fine with that, their CCs are pretty mediocre, my car loan & $1k savings accounts is all I want from them.

@DaveInAZ  😂😂😂😂Yes  think my dad's former bookie  has better rates lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@bigpoppa09 

@DaveInAZ  😂😂😂😂Yes  think my dad's former bookie  has better rates lol

At least you guys have $1K, I have $500. 

I do wonder if the frozen credit bureaus has something to do with it though. It takes a few seconds to load, it's possible it's actually trying to hit EQ with a SP and failing. I don't care enough to go through the hassle of lifting my freeze and I don't have anything else I'm going to be applying for in the near future so I'll just keep my $1K credit card and go about my business. 

Message 5 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do wonder if the frozen credit bureaus has something to do with it though. It takes a few seconds to load, it's possible it's actually trying to hit EQ with a SP and failing. I don't care enough to go through the hassle of lifting my freeze and I don't have anything else I'm going to be applying for in the near future so I'll just keep my $1K credit card and go about my business. 

Do you get the monthly EQ Fico 5 score? If so then they're soft pulling EQ ok, as they should be able to do as a creditor with an existing relationship. I have all 3 CRAs locked with a service with each of them and as I have a car loan with them they're SP'ing my EQ ok. Their Platinum Visa is OK with low APR and no fee cash advances to checking if you need it, but I already have that with my local CU.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you get the monthly EQ Fico 5 score? If so then they're soft pulling EQ ok, as they should be able to do as a creditor with an existing relationship. I have all 3 CRAs locked with a service with each of them and as I have a car loan with them they're SP'ing my EQ ok. Their Platinum Visa is OK with low APR and no fee cash advances to checking if you need it, but I already have that with my local CU.

Yep I get the same 696 every month from them but I have seen many cases where lenders try to pull my credit reports and can't despite having an existing relationship. Synchrony is one such lender -- and they also pull my TU score every month. If my credit reports are frozen and I ask for a CLI, I get a letter that they couldn't pull my credit. I have done this three times because I just forget that TU is frozen. 😂 

The Platinum card is okay but at 13.75% APR, I would just advance off my NFCU Platinum at 10.24% if I needed cash and I have decided to stay with my bank too so I may just go ahead and close the DCU card next year. 

Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep I get the same 696 every month from them but I have seen many cases where lenders try to pull my credit reports and can't despite having an existing relationship. Synchrony is one such lender -- and they also pull my TU score every month. If my credit reports are frozen and I ask for a CLI, I get a letter that they couldn't pull my credit. I have done this three times because I just forget that TU is frozen. 😂 

The Platinum card is okay but at 13.75% APR, I would just advance off my NFCU Platinum at 10.24% if I needed cash and I have decided to stay with my bank too so I may just go ahead and close the DCU card next year. 

Well, you're ahead of my, my DCU EQ Fico 5 has been at 692 forever, over a year. It seems pretty useless - I have EQ Complete Premier service and their non-Fico score changes, it's gone from 721 to 734 over the past couple of months. Yes, I've done that a couple times with Synchrony, app'd for a CLI forgetting I have TU locked. Synch seems pretty unique in requiring TU to be unlocked/unfrozen for a CLI request even though they provide monthly TU scores, I got a CLI with BoA with all reports locked.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.