cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Quick Loans, Approvals, No HP, etc.

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: DCU Quick Loans, Approvals, No HP, etc.

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

You guys have me almost talked into DCUSmiley LOL

@M_Smart007.  DCU hasn't lowered the APY which is nice.

While not a bank, been getting a decent return hereSmiley Happy

Message 31 of 67
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Question: I know, or I should say I read when you see the  gold "Accept Offer" on one of DCU Credit products like below...

quick_loan.JPG

Approvals are looking good.

However just seeing a video from "Credit Plug" YT channel concerning such loans, or approvals for quick loans thru DCU, that if approved, does NOT involve a HP from your credit report nor a credit inquiry.

Is this true?

I don't need the loan, but if this is true, I was thinking of taking a loan for $500 or even the full $1000 and pay it off rather quickly to help my credit score that much more and to get in better with DCU to get one of their cards someday.

I already have a savings account with them.

Your thoughts?

@Gmood1 + @nuohlac + @M_Smart007  + @cashorcharge 

I wouldn't if I were you. If it does anything, it will cost you some points rather than gain points. It's not worth getting a new account in your profile.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 32 of 67
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Question: I know, or I should say I read when you see the  gold "Accept Offer" on one of DCU Credit products like below...

quick_loan.JPG

Approvals are looking good.

However just seeing a video from "Credit Plug" YT channel concerning such loans, or approvals for quick loans thru DCU, that if approved, does NOT involve a HP from your credit report nor a credit inquiry.

Is this true?

I don't need the loan, but if this is true, I was thinking of taking a loan for $500 or even the full $1000 and pay it off rather quickly to help my credit score that much more and to get in better with DCU to get one of their cards someday.

I already have a savings account with them.

Your thoughts?

@Gmood1 + @nuohlac + @M_Smart007  + @cashorcharge 

I wouldn't if I were you. If it does anything, it will cost you some points rather than gain points. It's not worth getting a new account in your profile.

Eek - pulled the trigger for $600. Was hoping it would boost the score a little. Did 6-month term, will pay it off before then. No HP so far.

Potential Future Cards
Message 33 of 67
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your SP approval!

Message 34 of 67
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

You guys have me almost talked into DCUSmiley LOL

@M_Smart007.  DCU hasn't lowered the APY which is nice.

Yes that is amazing, Service CU has kept up it's rate also.

I pulled all monies from regular banks. they are not even paying chump changeSmiley Tongue

I still need to join Service, Langley, and some others. I've been procrastinating.

Message 35 of 67
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how long these DCU loans take to complete?

It's been 3 full days and I haven't heard so much as a peep from them.

No email that they got my acceptance, nothing.

Potential Future Cards
Message 36 of 67
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

I put the app in on the 23rd; Immediately received a canned email reply indicating they got it.  On the 25th, they asked me for a couple of easy back-up docs.  the 26th, I had a full Note for Sig, and by the 29th, I was funded.  

Maybe call them?  

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 37 of 67
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

quick_loan.JPG

Approvals are looking good....

Eek - pulled the trigger for $600. Was hoping it would boost the score a little. Did 6-month term, will pay it off before then. No HP so far.

Glad to here there was no HP, 👏👏👍

Message 38 of 67
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

I put the app in on the 23rd; Immediately received a canned email reply indicating they got it.  On the 25th, they asked me for a couple of easy back-up docs.  the 26th, I had a full Note for Sig, and by the 29th, I was funded.  

Maybe call them?  

+1   definitely call them, that is 10 calendar day that have passed!

Message 39 of 67
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Maybe call them?  

Shot them a SM, asking if the acceptance offer was recieved - less than an hour later I got the following response:

"..Thank you for your email . I am happy to assist you today.

Yes it was received.  Your application # is xxxxxxx, Was instant approved for 600.00..."

Ok, so at least they go it Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.