Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU approval with paid Chex?

tag
SN1209
Valued Member

DCU approval with paid Chex?

Applied for DCU membership and was declined due to a 4.5 year old $70 account charge that showed reporting with Unify. I had no idea this was still a balance so I immediately paid it in a branch, and they confirmed they would update it to show paid. I am now reading that it might "re-report" on Chexsystems for another 5 years, which is not great, but I am wondering if anyone happens to know if DCU will now approve membership since this is paid? Or does the file need to be blank? Luckily I'm good with NFCU and Penfed, I was approved in about 90 seconds with both of them for savings and checking. Thanks all!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU approval with paid Chex?

To my experience if Unify is satisfied then DCU would be fine with that. If not get a satisfactory letter from Unify and send it to DCU.

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SN1209, Congrats on your "NFCU and Penfed" MembershipSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you get in?

@SN1209 wrote:

Applied for DCU membership and was declined due to a 4.5 year old $70 account charge that showed reporting with Unify. I had no idea this was still a balance so I immediately paid it in a branch, and they confirmed they would update it to show paid. I am now reading that it might "re-report" on Chexsystems for another 5 years, which is not great, but I am wondering if anyone happens to know if DCU will now approve membership since this is paid? Or does the file need to be blank? Luckily I'm good with NFCU and Penfed, I was approved in about 90 seconds with both of them for savings and checking. Thanks all!

Message 4 of 5
SN1209
Valued Member

Nope! Tried twice again and finally gave up. Getting pretty squared away with Navy anyway so it is what it is. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.