Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU banned looking good alternatives

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU banned looking good alternatives

I join DCU was banned shortly after for linking 2 outside bank accts to shared savings acct. Fraud dept Flagged and shutdown acct.   looking for alternatives. 
please help

4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: DCU banned looking good alternatives

Are you in ChexSystem with anyone?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I do open credit card accts regularly don't know why I have problems with Chex systems I recently open savings with BMO Harris bank no problems

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Are you in ChexSystem with anyone?

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I join DCU was banned shortly after for linking 2 outside bank accts to shared savings acct. Fraud dept Flagged and shutdown acct.   looking for alternatives. 
please help

Your best bet is probably to go local -- i.e. find the best credit unions for which you qualify in terms of geography, or in terms of employment or other affiliation. If I were you I would do some research on it, it's not always so evident.  E.g., Frankenmuth CU, which appears to be a great credit union in Michigan, and which is primarily local to Michigan, also allows membership to anyone who has been educated in Michigan. There are zillions of people all over, who have at one time or another gone to one of Michigan's many interesting colleges and universities.

And by 'best credit union' I mean one that (a) offers products which you would like and (b) has good personalized customer service.

Also I usually try to avoid those that do a hard credit pull on EX TU or EQ on membership applications.

In a separate post I've advised you of a number of credit unions which are open to all.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.