Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU external account

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

DCU external account

Ok this CU is ticking me off. I added an external account on October 25, got the confirmation and the next day paid my credit card from that account. While checking my main bank account noticed the payment never came out. I signed on to dcu and saw payment posted but then noticed an alert that on October 28 my external account was deleted,  say what?? I never deleted it and now my payment is where exactly?  I immediately added again but I better not get dinged for this for a returned payment. I am waiting for them to open so I can call, but I am quite po'd at the moment 😠😠😠😠😠😠

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: DCU external account

Yikes! Following because I'm interested in DCU.

Message 2 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Oh they are beyond incompetent.  I spoke to them thus morning they insisted that my external account was not deleted I sent a screenshot!! Claimed it was fine and payment was still processing,  then I get email payment was returned are you bleeping kidding me ????

I swear I am livid 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠on the phone now

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That's crazy ☹
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Oh they are beyond incompetent.  I spoke to them thus morning they insisted that my external account was not deleted I sent a screenshot!! Claimed it was fine and payment was still processing,  then I get email payment was returned are you bleeping kidding me ????

I swear I am livid 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠on the phone now

Thanks for the information! Will remove DCU from my possible list! Unreal! Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Now even though I added my external account by logging in , they claim my account number was wrong,  ummmmm nope it wasn't it was all about that deleted account which they won't acknowledge.  Now they are saying this returned payment will be in my file! !!! 

I am about to close my accounts at this point. Because this is all their fault 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 27
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

When you added the external account did you confirm the two trial deposits? When you add an external account you have to verify it by confirming 2 small deposits they send in a day or so. If you don't confirm the account in a set amount of time they do delete it, but they shouldn't have let you pull a payment from it until you confirmed it.

Message 7 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Dang I was looking to maybe start a banking relationship with them to maybe later get a CC with them, but now I don't know. Will keep following.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's time to leave the CUs alone. :/

I haven't had a hiccup with my external account, it's been fine since February, but I had to work with DCU for a week to get bill pay working... they outsource most of their stuff to various third parties which adds additional layers of complexity when things don't work right. 

Hope you get it fixed @Jnbmom!

Message 9 of 27
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's time to leave the CUs alone. :/

I haven't had a hiccup with my external account, it's been fine since February, but I had to work with DCU for a week to get bill pay working... they outsource most of their stuff to various third parties which adds additional layers of complexity when things don't work right. 

Hope you get it fixed @Jnbmom!

Huh, and I thought their bill pay was pretty good, I've used to pay BoA CC & Discover, the morning you scheduled the payment it's withdrawn from your DCU account and by mid morning you see it pending on your CC account.

I've been with DCU for just over two years, they're not my primary bank but I'm happy enough with them. I have a car loan, $1k savings account for the 6.17% interest, and have a portion of my payroll direct deposit going to them to cover the car payment, when I have excess funds after the car payment I use their bill pay.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.