Did you mean: 

DCU external account

tag
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: DCU external account

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's time to leave the CUs alone. :/

I wouldn't throw all CUs under the bus because of this. A lot of them are mom-and-pop, but some of them (even some of the mom-and-pops) are great. I'm very happy with NFCU, Alliant, SECU. My employer's CU isn't so great, but being a member means my paycheck clears a few days early.

Message 11 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had a hiccup with my external account, it's been fine since February, but I had to work with DCU for a week to get bill pay working... they outsource most of their stuff to various third parties which adds additional layers of complexity when things don't work right. 

Hope you get it fixed @Jnbmom!

Huh, and I thought their bill pay was pretty good, I've used to pay BoA CC & Discover, the morning you scheduled the payment it's withdrawn from your DCU account and by mid morning you see it pending on your CC account.

I've been with DCU for just over two years, they're not my primary bank but I'm happy enough with them. I have a car loan, $1k savings account for the 6.17% interest, and have a portion of my payroll direct deposit going to them to cover the car payment, when I have excess funds after the car payment I use their bill pay.

@DaveInAZ 

Funny you should mentioned that, I didn't even think of that or realize that they hadn't made 2 small deposits, I guess because I directly logged on to my bank and linked the account I didn't think about the trial deposits and ZERO mentioned from them regarding that  even today when I spoke with them??

I normally manually add my external account numbers but since I could just sign in and link, I thought that was it? Now they claim my account is not linked, but I am having serious doubts. I will wait to call off as if I talk with them one more time today I am going to explode.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had a hiccup with my external account, it's been fine since February, but I had to work with DCU for a week to get bill pay working... they outsource most of their stuff to various third parties which adds additional layers of complexity when things don't work right. 

@Anonymous 

Yes I am not sure if it is fixed yet, they assured me it was but then earlly this morning they assured me as wellSmiley Frustrated

Just really irritating to me me that  they won't acknowledge that the external account was deleted and claim I entered the wrong numbers, but I did not enter any numbers as I just signed on and linked my account.

Very very frustrating, thank goodness I only have like 13.00 in my banking accounts total. Between the BECU ordeal and now this, I am sticking with NAVY and penfed.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. Navy all the way!

Booooo PenFed. Boooo. 😂 

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Huh, and I thought their bill pay was pretty good, I've used to pay BoA CC & Discover, the morning you scheduled the payment it's withdrawn from your DCU account and by mid morning you see it pending on your CC account.

I've been with DCU for just over two years, they're not my primary bank but I'm happy enough with them. I have a car loan, $1k savings account for the 6.17% interest, and have a portion of my payroll direct deposit going to them to cover the car payment, when I have excess funds after the car payment I use their bill pay.

For some reason it wouldn't work on mine. It said I needed to be enrolled. I had to work with their external vendor for like a week to get it fixed. That pretty much killed the idea of me using the checking account for anything. 

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't throw all CUs under the bus because of this. A lot of them are mom-and-pop, but some of them (even some of the mom-and-pops) are great. I'm very happy with NFCU, Alliant, SECU. My employer's CU isn't so great, but being a member means my paycheck clears a few days early.

I was actually more talking about recent experiences both myself and mom have had with CUs and it's time for us to leave the CUs alone. 

There absolutely are great ones like NFCU and I would never discourage anyone who's eligible to join but DCU and SSFCU are both meh, BECU can be a real nightmare, and all the CUs have quirks that you just don't find with big banks. 

Message 16 of 27
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was actually more talking about recent experiences both myself and mom have had with CUs and it's time for us to leave the CUs alone. 

There absolutely are great ones like NFCU and I would never discourage anyone who's eligible to join but DCU and SSFCU are both meh, BECU can be a real nightmare, and all the CUs have quirks that you just don't find with big banks. 

That makes more sense. Small CUs, like small banks, have quirks. Sorry you and your mom have had a rough go recently.

Message 17 of 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. Navy all the way!

Booooo PenFed. Boooo. 😂 

I know Penfed isn't a fan favorite, but banking wise they have been great to me

Funny speaking of PF I saw my new balance and payment due date was available, so I paid it real quick, oops the statement hadn't generated yet, so my payment posted before statement cut by like an hour or so literally. Anyhow I didn't realize that and wondered why my payment had posted but my min due was still showing, shot them a quick message, they got back very quickly, apologized for the inconvenience they caused me ( my fault paying early) and quickly fixed in in under 24 hours. So at the banking end I like them , my DD post a day earlier than my other CUs, only thing I don't like is the 500 balance in checking to avoid monthly feeSmiley Sad

Of course Navy hands down with overall satisfactionSmiley Happy

@Anonymous 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That makes more sense. Small CUs, like small banks, have quirks. Sorry you and your mom have had a rough go recently.

Mom = Jnbmom 😂 

We both have had our issues with CUs. 

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. Navy all the way!

Booooo PenFed. Boooo. 😂 

I know Penfed isn't a fan favorite, but banking wise they have been great to me

Funny speaking of PF I saw my new balance and payment due date was available, so I paid it real quick, oops the statement hadn't generated yet, so my payment posted before statement cut by like an hour or so literally. Anyhow I didn't realize that and wondered why my payment had posted but my min due was still showing, shot them a quick message, they got back very quickly, apologized for the inconvenience they caused me ( my fault paying early) and quickly fixed in in under 24 hours. So at the banking end I like them , my DD post a day earlier than my other CUs, only thing I don't like is the 500 balance in checking to avoid monthly feeSmiley Sad

Of course Navy hands down with overall satisfactionSmiley Happy

@Anonymous 

I am just bitter cause they declined to give me a CC last year. The $500 minimum is definitely a bit of a bummer though. Seems totally unnecessary. 

I hate banks and CUs that still show you the minimum due after you've paid it. BBVA actually does this all of the time. Sounds like this was just a glitch with PenFed though which is much better. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.