Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU impossible to work with on the phone

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

DCU impossible to work with on the phone

Reporting my experience with this CU:

So far I am less than impressed, their website refuses to allow me to open new accounts, keeps saying cant find the information please try again later, it has said this since the first day of my online access so I sent in a mail app for checking and the debit card over 3 weeks ago now, nothing has happened. Called in today to see WTH is going on only to find they refuse to talk to me since I have no mobile phone to get a verifcation text message, sans they did verify me with other things and still refused to talk telling me I should come in to a branch. That was the straw that broke the camels back I said do you see where I live now how to you expect me to come into a branch. Told him it was outrageous that you can only verify with a mobile phone with text and went on to tell him every place else I have accounts with has no problem with it. Still wouldnt talk so I just hung up and sent an angry secure email message with demand to produce info by Friday.  I would cancel everything with them if it wasnt for the 6% on 1K of savings.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU impossible to work with on the phone

I'm sorry about your experience. Calling is a nightmare, and that was before COVID. They are fine when you can get things done online. Hope they provide you a better experience and service.

Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

APR is 6.27% on up to $1k....so, $67 for a year...no bad...to pay AF on other cards....Yeah, they are nowhere like Navy Federal...Though the lady I spoke with in DCU was ok but she was certainly not friendly and helpful...I called them to question why I didn't get good line of credit as I just got into their ecosystem...last week...She said that I should be lucky that at least I got approved for, and said that underwriter could have denied me then what?? I took this as an offense....what she said and how she said...But I didn't want to spend my time, energy and efforts on her...So I said thank you and called back and asked to speak with their underwriter...They were nice..my application was reconsidered and approved for much higher line of initial credit...But yeah, I don't customer service agents nicer....Sorry for your experience...

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well the couple of times I spoke with them, yes the wait times were bad, but not too terrible, and they let you just save a spot in the queue and hang up and then they call *you* back, which is convenient. They were pleasant and helpful with verifying info and answering my questions. I set up my checking account online with no issues. Perhaps try different browsers?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Sorry @gdale6 your having such a time with them like that. Can you try calling another different day to see if it's a better experience for you?

I was just approved for membership, checking and savings this week and awaiting the paperwork/pin to determine how it might go for me.

I simply am interested in the nice savings APY and doubt i can go much beyond that for the year toting a BK, but if anything shows any semblance of promise i will be sure to share my own results.

Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I had a response to my email within 2 hours and by this morning the checking account was open and the debit card ordered.

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I had a response to my email within 2 hours and by this morning the checking account was open and the debit card ordered.

@gdale6, Congratulations on getting it all sorted outSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Oh Oh. Looks i run into the same issue with them. I'll try the phone route and if no joy do your email procedure.

I just want to log in and have PIN.

Simple phone call and they sent me PW and can Log In just fine. I wish yours could have gone this simple for you @gdale6 

It was beginning to look like a snafu for me too at first.

Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Oh Oh. Looks i run into the same issue with them. I'll try the phone route and if no joy do your email procedure.

I just want to log in and have PIN.

Simple phone call and they sent me PW and can Log In just fine. I wish yours could have gone this simple for you @gdale6 

It was beginning to look like a snafu for me too at first.

This wasnt a problem for me they had to send me a pw so I could get logged on initially with my savings account back in December the problem yesterday was they have no way to verify you unless you have a text capable cellphone. I dont use cellphones, they lack alternate ways to verify you. The guy even said to me he had no doubt I was who I said I was and that I was the account owner but he could not discuss anything with me as his SYSTEM was not satisfied. Its getting to the point where machines call the shots, glad I wont be around much longer am old and tired of it all.

Message 9 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Heh @gdale6 you still don't have a cell phone senor?  Isn't it cheaper than a land line at this point? Smiley Wink

        
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.